Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Good drone for FPV drone racing?

Alright. So I am ready to buy the QX7S. With the BNF tinyhawk. Is it safe to purchase these from Banggood?

It really depends on where you are in the world @Gabe ma, so, what country are you in? Then we can tell you the best place to buy.

Canada, British Columbia.
I can never remember who will ship for free to Canada, but if you do Amazon then Amazon.ca for Jumper or directly to Horus-RC for the QX7S

Be aware, if you get the QX7S and decide to run crossfire in the future, you will want to add a chip they send with the crossfire to run full speed, but you won't need to swap modules to use both Frsky and Crossfile.
If you decide to go T16, you won't have to install the chip, but you will need to swap modules to run crossfire in the future, or buy the extra "internal multi protocol" board and install it to free up the JR bay on the back of the radio.
Also, while the T16 is the new hot lick with color screen and all, it is not any easier to program than the QX7S because of it, and at least the QX7S has support in the community. The screen would be nice though, and there should eventually be a video on configuring the basics. This is gonna be a tough decision, at least it would be for me, so I assume it will be for you.

IMHO

Reactions: RPR and Futuramille
Alright. So I am ready to buy the QX7S. With the BNF tinyhawk. Is it safe to purchase these from Banggood?
Banggood in my experience is hit and miss in both quality and delivery. Waiting for a spare motor which is obviously hand made by Tibetan monks out of unobtanium as it’s been 6 weeks and counting. Not sure if there are other local options for you but I will willingly pay a little more and support a local business and occasionally utilise the supplied warranty which doesn’t involve five thousand emails and another month or two without a quad.
Having said that, your choice of controller and quad is a good one!

• Haha
Reactions: Madhungarian
I've learned to only buy miscellaneous items on Banggood if Racedaysquad does not have the parts that I need.
I usually create a parts list and order through Banggod that I know I will need 20 days down the road. My problem with them is shipping. I pay extra for shipping and they are not shipped in a timely manner.

I've learned to only buy miscellaneous items on Banggood if Racedaysquad does not have the parts that I need.
I usually create a parts list and order through Banggod that I know I will need 20 days down the road. My problem with them is shipping. I pay extra for shipping and they are not shipped in a timely manner.
Ok I will most likely try to find a local shop to buy the tinyhawk, the qx7x, and the goggles from. Or just order the item from each website.
As for the controller I may consider going with the Qx7s. Since there is a whole how to document on use it, I may upgrade later on to the jumper when I get a more intermediate drone. As for the goggles, I am still thinking of fat shark but it would be nice to go with skyzone goggles and have an extra screen in the future where people can see what I’m doing.

if I do go with fat shark, what goggles should I get?

if I do go with fat shark, what goggles should I get?
It comes down to price; more expensive models have sharper OLED screens and such. The other thing to consider with fatsharks is they need a receiver module as well. One of the most popular, the Rapidfire, is about $150, so keep that in mind when you're considering price.

It comes down to price; more expensive models have sharper OLED screens and such. The other thing to consider with fatsharks is they need a receiver module as well. One of the most popular, the Rapidfire, is about $150, so keep that in mind when you're considering price.
Ok. So I found a place that is near me. It’s called sn hobbies. I’m planning to go there to buy all my gear. They have the tinyhawk, I’m planning to get a fat shark attitude 5 which they have. And a q7xs transmitter maybe a jumper t16 cause it does have some pretty cool features and all but most likely the q7xs.

If you are still thinking about the T-16, this is the new one, the one you would want, and HeliNation may ship to Canada.
Just FYI

Reactions: rtkDarling
If you are still thinking about the T-16, this is the new one, the one you would want, and HeliNation may ship to Canada.
Just FYI

Thanks for the heads up.

I literally just bought all my gear ??.
The attitude v5
I actually went for the Mobula 7 HD.
And the jumper t16

Attachments

• 1570833868873.png
    1570833868873.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: RPR
Thanks for the heads up.

I literally just bought all my gear ??.
The attitude v5
I actually went for the Mobula 7 HD.
And the jumper t16
Hmm, some good choices there, I’m hoping you receive the v2 version of the mobula as they had a lot of issues with the crazybee fc. I’ve rebuilt mine a number of times due to numerous failsafes, erratic flying and ultimate failure of the board. Still waiting for a replacement motor that simply died on startup. I ended up junking the other motors and replaced them with spares from another whoop that I had lying around and it now flies as intended.
Just my 2C worth.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Also, make sure it is the T-16 Pro , the one with the built in (internal) Multi Protocol Module.

You should NOT get this with it (red circled item below) if it is the correct one. What you see circled below is the 4in1 module (external), the one you want will have a blank cover that looks similar but shouldn't have the red and green LED's on it or a place to screw the antenna. I think the easy way to tell is if the antenna is on the radio itself and NOT the thing in the picture below, then you should be good, if it has the antenna only on the plug in module (called a JR module and the bay is called a JR Bay where it plugs in) then that is the old one. I hope this makes sense.

1570855814177.png

Reactions: rtkDarling
Also, make sure it is the T-16 Pro , the one with the built in (internal) Multi Protocol Module.

You should NOT get this with it (red circled item below) if it is the correct one. What you see circled below is the 4in1 module (external), the one you want will have a blank cover that looks similar but shouldn't have the red and green LED's on it or a place to screw the antenna. I think the easy way to tell is if the antenna is on the radio itself and NOT the thing in the picture below, then you should be good, if it has the antenna only on the plug in module (called a JR module and the bay is called a JR Bay where it plugs in) then that is the old one. I hope this makes sense.

View attachment 3616
Dang. I got the old one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion