Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Greetings from East Cincy

Torc

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
New to the world of RC, came into it through a gift from the wife, met a guy at a hobby shop, learned more and then fell head first into the rabbit hole.

My current functional drone is a CX-30W (I have a partially built Dji Flame Wheel F450) and I am working my way up into hobby grade equipment. I recently invested in a Taranis Q X7 and have it set up with FreeRider.

From there it's a work in progress, learning as I go and enjoying the journey.

Reactions: M3talrocksFPV
Greetings Torc! You wife is awesome to get you into the hobby. We're pretty spread out (location wise) here, but we're all always willing to help if we're can. How long have you been flying race style drones?

Reactions: Torc
Greetings Torc! You wife is awesome to get you into the hobby. We're pretty spread out (location wise) here, but we're all always willing to help if we're can. How long have you been flying race style drones?

Thank you for the welcome!

She has the mentality of happy hubby makes a happy wifey makes a happy life and it's been working well.

I have yet to fly anything with spunk aside from what I have done on FreeRider, so far and glad for it, or I would have bankrupt myself quicker than I am now.

Thank you for the welcome!

She has the mentality of happy hubby makes a happy wifey makes a happy life and it's been working well.

I have yet to fly anything with spunk aside from what I have done on FreeRider, so far and glad for it, or I would have bankrupt myself quicker than I am now.
Lol I know you feel, smart to simulate first and freerider is pretty accurate I must say. Although I do I find I crash more on it than real life. Probably just a subconscious awareness that I can reset. Plus it tends to be way more sensitive even with adjustments to pitch and roll.

Lol I know you feel, smart to simulate first and freerider is pretty accurate I must say. Although I do I find I crash more on it than real life. Probably just a subconscious awareness that I can reset. Plus it tends to be way more sensitive even with adjustments to pitch and roll.

Kind of like other hobbies I've done where you work with heavy equipment until it is easy, then when you go with the regulation, it's far easier and an advantage.

It's the best I can do for the time being as I have to save for each part or use one hobby to pay for another. So I bought the QX7 a week ago and have been learning that. I just bought the equipment for charging batteries on Friday and so on.

Does the CX-30W have acro? Or is it just horizon mode (self stabilizing)?

It's a self-leveler. Big reason I got it was to get used to flying and it;s plug and play on the parts, so I can replace parts if needed but it has been holding up well.

That's pretty cool! Yea that's how I describe it too, like a batter on deck warming up with a weighted bat, so when he is up to plate he swings harder and more accurately. And i get the whole hobby to pay for hobby, wife says i can only spend tips that i make on the kwad.

Wow. Was searching to see if anyone surfaced in my neck of the woods and reread the post and am amazed how far I have come in 6 months between sims and rl flight.

04/18 - CX-30W

b975e152c0c1fa8a6163cf0b50b98bfffe3c72e2_1_690x230.jpeg

Yesterday (9/28/18) - Emax BabyhawkR 2"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax