Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

HELP, I bought RC Motion 2 controller and can not figure out how to pair it with Avata & Goggles 2

Greatsign1

Reaction score
I have called DJI tech support (underwhelming), tried googling it and searching on YouTube but can not find a step by step on how to unpair my original motion controller and install the motion 2. Very frustrating, I am tempted to take it to a drone repair facility and see if they can help. I do not know why DJI does not allow us to install multiple controls and just plug and play as we need them. Why does it have to be so complicated?

Binding instructions are on the instruction sheet that came with the new controller. You don't need to unbind the original.

You will need to pair the controller you want to use as you're ready to use it. Turn on the drone and the controller. Press and hold the power button on the drone until you hear it beep. Press and hold the power button on the controller until it starts to beep. Wait for the two to pair. No need to unbind the previous controller. If you want to swap back just do this same thing again. You can have the FPV remote controller and the motion controller both connected but only have one on and connected at a time but both can be bound for use.

Thank you for your reply but I have tried many times to do what you said and the only result is that the motion controller goes black in the goggles 2. If I then follow this procedure with the original motion controller it turns white and I can control the Avata. I bought the FPV controller in February, tried many times and had no success connecting this either.

There was an update recently that added what the Avata needed to work with the controller. Maker sure you are up to date.

I updated yesterday or the day before, I have tried so many times in so many different ways to get these two connected it is hard to remember, I will check again, thanks

Holy Crap, it finally works, that last update did the trick, thanks so much two sticks, I was ready to give up and travel an hour to visit a drone repair place. Now cross my fingers, I have the same success with the FPV controller. Any advice on connecting that?

Reactions: Baredogs
Don't forget that you have pairing button on goggles too. It's between lenses. RC does not connect to Avata. It connects to goggles, wich then connect to Avata.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax