Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help! Motor 3 dead or burned esc?

Scarblader

Reaction score
So i got a wizzard x220s to begin this hobby, on my first flight i killed one motor, since the beginning i saw that my motor 3 was putting more effort to run, 1500 and the other @ 1200... now is dead, i checked if the esc was bad at bl configurator and it did show, i opened the quad and saw this on my esc. Smell of smoke is coming out of it, and indeed seems burned, now should i buy a new motor and esc or just the esc?

Attachments

• 20210610_082158.jpg
    20210610_082158.jpg
    610.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210610_082147.jpg
    20210610_082147.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
Definitely burned the ESC and you could possibly have damaged the motor as well. There are a couple ways this usually goes. Damaged motor can cause the ESC to burn. Often, a jammed prop under load or someone who is going crazy in turtle mode can cause excessive amp draw on one phase of the ESC and cause it to burn. In that case, the motor often survives despite the ESC going up in smoke.

The tine square ICs in the picture that have buned up are the FETs that drive the motor outputs. They can be removed and re-soldered with new ones, but most people don't have a hot air station or the skill set to fix them and therefore just replace the 4-in-1 ESC as a result.

Reactions: Scarblader
Definitely burned the ESC and you could possibly have damaged the motor as well. There are a couple ways this usually goes. Damaged motor can cause the ESC to burn. Often, a jammed prop under load or someone who is going crazy in turtle mode can cause excessive amp draw on one phase of the ESC and cause it to burn. In that case, the motor often survives despite the ESC going up in smoke.

The tine square ICs in the picture that have buned up are the FETs that drive the motor outputs. They can be removed and re-soldered with new ones, but most people don't have a hot air station or the skill set to fix them and therefore just replace the 4-in-1 ESC as a result.
Will it be because of the battery? I got some on ebay 4s 1500 mah, but it doesn't say anything like 45c, 75c or something like that

Will it be because of the battery? I got some on ebay 4s 1500 mah, but it doesn't say anything like 45c, 75c or something like that
Your battery is not the cause of the burned ESC. ESCs typically burn due to over current situations like a jammed prop at high throttle or motors over rpm due to prop mismatch or severe damage. It could also be the result of high throttle with reversed props on the ground like your particular situation. Seeing that the drone was stationary, with reversed props, at high throttle this would cause heavy load on the motors and could cause a burned ESC. Sorry to hear you had those issues but hopefully things will go better for you in the future.

next time something isn’t working, don’t keep trying with more force or power. Take a break and come check with the folks on here and we will do our best to help you.

Reactions: Scarblader
Your battery is not the cause of the burned ESC. ESCs typically burn due to over current situations like a jammed prop at high throttle or motors over rpm due to prop mismatch or severe damage. It could also be the result of high throttle with reversed props on the ground like your particular situation. Seeing that the drone was stationary, with reversed props, at high throttle this would cause heavy load on the motors and could cause a burned ESC. Sorry to hear you had those issues but hopefully things will go better for you in the future.

next time something isn’t working, don’t keep trying with more force or power. Take a break and come check with the folks on here and we will do our best to help you.
Thank you! You are the best!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix