Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I have 2 Simulators now....

Jeff A

Reaction score
I have the DJI FPV Simulator and have worked with that and this week I purchased the LiftOff Sim from Steam. To begin with, Steam makes it impossible to communicate with them. I realized that I was probably going to have to buy the software to get answers to some questions, so that's what I did. Using the provided links I tried to ask support some questions but the only questions you can ask are the ones they posted in a list, none of which were what I wanted to know. I would not have purchased the software if I had known that support is nearly non-existent.
I did finally figure out how to use the software and did a little flying. I discovered two things so far. Graphics are good but you can only fly in Manual Mode. The other thing is I was flying in a practice area that is ridiculously small. Instead of practice, I spend all of the time trying to stay within the limits of the "Game". I won't honor this software by calling it a Simulator. I would be curious of other poeples experience with this software.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rune and jiker69
I have the DJI FPV Simulator and have worked with that and this week I purchased the LiftOff Sim from Steam. To begin with, Steam makes it impossible to communicate with them. I realized that I was probably going to have to buy the software to get answers to some questions, so that's what I did. Using the provided links I tried to ask support some questions but the only questions you can ask are the ones they posted in a list, none of which were what I wanted to know. I would not have purchased the software if I had known that support is nearly non-existent.
I did finally figure out how to use the software and did a little flying. I discovered two things so far. Graphics are good but you can only fly in Manual Mode. The other thing is I was flying in a practice area that is ridiculously small. Instead of practice, I spend all of the time trying to stay within the limits of the "Game". I won't honor this software by calling it a Simulator. I would be curious of other poeples experience with this software.
Thank You for the feed back. I won't be purchasing that. Any others you may try?

It's an FPV drone simulator, and is pretty good at what it's supposed to do...
Need to make sure your controller is properly calibrated and deadband is set to 0 on all axes in fine tuning if you want decent response.

On Steam you can purchase things and get them refunded if you don't like them as long as it's within I believe 2 weeks and you've played less than 2 hours.

I use Liftoff quite a bit and find it useful and fun. But Steam support can be a hassle at times for sure.

Reactions: Rune
You can fly in Angle mode as well in Liftoff - there is keyboard key for switching modes - 'A'.
IMO, Liftoff is very good sim, my only complaint is that it doesn't supports lens distortion in it's normal "rectangle view", only useless "fisheye" view.

Try a different course in LiftOff, the building construction course has less distance restrictions

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix