Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I need help

Juan Rodriguez

Reaction score
I recently had a big crash with my blackout racing drone. The power wire from the battery to the distribution board ripped out the silver connecter plate. I need to solder the wires back on. How can I replace that silver plate on the board?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20161010_134503.jpg
    20161010_134503.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 7
Oh wow yeah that's toast

I recently had a big crash with my blackout racing drone. The power wire from the battery to the distribution board ripped out the silver connecter plate. I need to solder the wires back on. How can I replace that silver plate on the board?

Thanks

Hola Juan

Whilst the PCB looks bad, I think it is salvageable, you can get PCB repair pads for somewhere like "Radio Shack", but it will take time and patience and some skill with a soldering iron, ( I'm sure that I could repair it, I have rescued boards as bad as that ).

You are lucky because a little bit of the -Negative pad still remains, next to the lettering P2, if you scrape back the black coating you will expose some of the remaining solder pad, then stick a new pad cut to shape in that area.

I would removed the adhesive from the (Radio Shack or similar ) solder pad and stick the copper pad to the board with super-glue. give it 24 hours to set.
Then when you solder the new cable to the pad make sure the cable spans across the new and the old bit of the pad.

Now to rescue the +Positive connection will be more difficult. I can see the remains of the +Positive track which appears to turn at 90° and passes the area marked P18
Scrape back 3 - 4 mm of the black coating from the PCB Track, stick on a new pad as with the negative lead, then when you come to solder the positive cable back to the PCB, make sure that some of the cable overlaps the New Pad and the exposed bit of the positive track, I think you will be able to rescue this PCB.

Good Luck
Waylander

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput