Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

In need of help with drone

CrystalFrog

Reaction score
Feels a bit odd to be aksing for help first thing when introducing myself ^^
well I'm not a very experienced drone flyer I own a micro drone and for my first drone I build one myself which you can se in the picture. I recently bought a Eachine Wizard x220 and I have problems with arming. Probably i have no experience with betaflight and i need help to configure my controller and reciever on drone to be able to arm.

Specifications:
Eachine Wizard X220 FPV Drone
Eachine Wizard X220 FPV Drone de Course Blheli_S F3 6DOF 2205 2300KV Moteur 5.8G 48CH 200MW VTX ARF

Turnigy TGY-i6 AFHDS Transmitter and 6CH Receiver (Mode 2)
Turnigy TGY-i6 AFHDS Transmitter and 6CH Receiver (Mode 2)

View attachment 1075

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.png
    Untitled-1 copy.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
you need to assign arm to a switch on your transmitter
you do this via betaflight configurator

you need to assign arm to a switch on your transmitter
you do this via betaflight configurator

Yes i know lol, Problem is I don't know how to do that im totaly new to configuration. the other drone i built first i watched a video to configure :(

Thank you

Hey my name is Billy Collins I live in West Virginia just want to introduce myself to everyone here I bought the eachine wizard x220s frsky x4r receiver the taranis qx7 receipt transmitter I have it bound the receiver hooked up I'm not sure about anything called s bus or channels and all of that stuff but when I try to throttle up my Motors don't come on or anything I'm not sure if I've missed a step or what I'm supposed to do I am so new to this that I just got everything in the mail 2 days ago and I'm not all that familiar with betaflight as of yet but I have been playing with it a little bit so I think maybe I have missed a step and maybe the S bus or the PPN set up or something like that I'm not sure what none of that is maybe somebody can help me and tell me what I did wrong or if I've overlooked something or or maybe just don't know what the heck I'm doing let's put it that way so if someone could give me a little bit of Help or maybe even call me on the phone my phone number is 304-475-4714 I'm home most days every day I live in West Virginia right next to Kentucky and I would like a little bit of help if anybody would care to call me or post or help me in some way I really want to get up flying oh and I bought the eachine 0O7 goggles and where I wear glasses it is very difficult for that screen to be as close as it is to my face when I pull it away from my face a little bit it seems fine but the closer it is the worse it is

Hey my name is Billy Collins I live in West Virginia just want to introduce myself to everyone here I bought the eachine wizard x220s frsky x4r receiver the taranis qx7 receipt transmitter I have it bound the receiver hooked up I'm not sure about anything called s bus or channels and all of that stuff but when I try to throttle up my Motors don't come on or anything I'm not sure if I've missed a step or what I'm supposed to do I am so new to this that I just got everything in the mail 2 days ago and I'm not all that familiar with betaflight as of yet but I have been playing with it a little bit so I think maybe I have missed a step and maybe the S bus or the PPN set up or something like that I'm not sure what none of that is maybe somebody can help me and tell me what I did wrong or if I've overlooked something or or maybe just don't know what the heck I'm doing let's put it that way so if someone could give me a little bit of Help or maybe even call me on the phone my phone number is 304-475-4714 I'm home most days every day I live in West Virginia right next to Kentucky and I would like a little bit of help if anybody would care to call me or post or help me in some way I really want to get up flying oh and I bought the eachine 0O7 goggles and where I wear glasses it is very difficult for that screen to be as close as it is to my face when I pull it away from my face a little bit it seems fine but the closer it is the worse it is
Also I have set up all my switches arm modes beeper Black Box I've set up all of those they seem to be working fine in betaflight setup and on the Drone itself but when I armed the quad two propellers or motor don't turn so I'm not sure what's wrong or what I've missed

You should test the motors. First take off the props. Do NOT skip this step. Then in betaflight go to the motors tab and plug in the battery. Accept responsibility, then slide each motor slider up a little bit to confirm all motors will spin. If they don't, looks like something came loose or is broken.

I'm kind of limited as to what I can do each time I use a computer I have to walk over to my neighbor's house and it is very crazy over there because they have for dogs and it gets bit aggravating and confusing when you're having to contend with dogs and everything else but I will check that I did see something that Joshua Bardwell was doing but he was doing it to the eachine wizard x220 not the 220s and I can't find nobody that has a video up on the 220s either that or I'm not looking hard enough I did find one thing weird last night I went over and set up everything switches all that good stuff when I hook the Drone back up to the computer today and went back to check my switches it was like they wasn't there so I don't know what happened so there must be quite a bit that I don't understand or no and I have a lot to learn but I think everything centers around having your own desktop computer or laptop and I don't all I have is a tablet and another thing I can't use the GUI program even when I hook my battery up to the Drone it still doesn't recognize it this is a Android tablet I've tried every connection the Bluetooth the USB and the there was another connection that I didn't remember and I apologize because this is starting to sound like Dear John Letter and all that on and on and on my apologies to Anyone who reads this but I'm so lost!!!!!!!!!!!!

plenty of vids on yt to help configure, check out Joshua Bardwell

Hey man thanks for trying. the video has nothing to do with arming buttons and settnings on betaflight or cleanflight but hey its k man. I will try to figure it out somehow :)

Hey man thanks for trying. the video has nothing to do with arming buttons and settnings on betaflight or cleanflight but hey its k man. I will try to figure it out somehow :)
if you look a little bit he has videos on all of it

Last edited:
if you start a little bit he has videos on all of it
I think i know the reason why it wont work. When I am inside betaflight and checking my reciever settnings there isnt anything comming up so my hypothisis is that my transmitter is not connected correctly in my drone. so my controller and transmitter is comunicating but my transmitter and flight controler is NOT comunicating because it doesent show any data on the application!!!

Think you know how to help me with that?

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.PNG reciever.PNG
    Skärmklipp.PNG reciever.PNG
    171.2 KB · Views: 3
I think i know the reason why it wont work. When I am inside betaflight and checking my reciever settnings there isnt anything comming up so my hypothisis is that my transmitter is not connected correctly in my drone. so my controller and transmitter is comunicating but my transmitter and flight controler is NOT comunicating because it doesent show any data on the application!!!

go to the configure tab and screenshot it and post it here, seems you need to configure for your particular receiver. Are you sure your receiver is bound to your transmitter?

just noticed one problem, you are running 2.1, you need to update your betaflight conf.

just noticed one problem, you are running 2.1, you need to update your betaflight conf.

Hi. thank you so much for being patient with me man. for some reason i keep stumbling upon problem after the other one. Right now i cant even connect my drone FC to Betaflight. it reads up com5 that it is connected and i can se usb device has been connected when i connect it to my pc. But after i try to connect in Betaflight NOTHING comes up!!?!??!??

yes my reciever and transmitter are good to go they are bound. but my transmitter and FC is not working togheter.

How do i update betaflight CONF? i downloaded it from chrome apps to my pc

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.PNG drone.PNG
    Skärmklipp.PNG drone.PNG
    119 KB · Views: 0

Ey man okey here is how things are going. I think my transmitter i used for my previous drone is not compatable with the wizard. I looked at the wizard complete set with controller and transmitter and i ordered the transmitter they originally use with the x220 drone so i think it will work all fine when i plug in the NEW transmitter i odered. BUT PROBLEM NOW is that i cant even CONNECT my drone to Betaflight. there was a settning before i accidently switched when i could connect it before in the program. I accidently switched UART1 TO UART2... after that everything F**** up and my drone stopped connecting.

Think you know how to help me out on that one?

THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR ALL PREVIOUS HELP, MEDAL FOR YOU WHO STICKS WITH ME AND HELPING ME OUT <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas