Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Like the combo, want a different bird…

CARandDRONE

Reaction score
Website
www.caranddrone.com
Hi all

I got my DJI FPV COMBO on sale thinking even if I wasn’t satisfied with the drone I was still getting a great deal on the goggles and controller and would get a pretty paper weight to boot.

So I’m trying to stay up and up with the FAA (I know, I know) while satisfying my shooting needs.
As I understand the DJI FPV would be classified category 4 due to its weight and no prop guards. I’m okay with that but I also want something that doesn’t require an airworthiness certification.

I’m looking for a category 1 rig (under .55 lbs with no exposed bit that could cause laceration) that:
1.) Works with my DJI digi goggles & controller
2.) Shoots 4k without the fish eye (so no GoPro but maybe a 360 or Action 2? This is why I like DJI…no fisheye)
3.) Has prop guards and probably a canopy
4.) Has a decent fly time/battery life.
5.) is quick.

Rekt drones thought maybe the GEPRC Phantom HD but I’m not sold on that camera or only recording to my goggles, but I’m new to this. Thoughts? Suggestions? Questions? I’m looking to shoot motorized vehicles ect.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Check out the variety of iFlight ducted mini whoops with the DJI compatible Vista VTX. It's exactly what you're talking about. They're RTF right out of the box.

You will need a separate analog RC... DJI hasn't provided support for the native v2 RC yet through the Vista receiver.

Thank you Rktman.
Is there a controller you’d recommend?
While you can use an analog radio/receiver, you don't necessarily need to. DJI V1 radio will work fine with the DJI air unit or the Caddx Vista. It offers great range and you won't have to decide which receiver you want on your drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbystrek