Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Lollipop on tiny whoop

Fishdeth

Reaction score
Beginner here…
I’ve got a GEPRC Tiny Go.
I want to install a Foxeer micro lollipop antenna on the quad.
Should I also install 2 on my goggles?
If so, what type/kind… ie, Omni or directional?
Thanks!

Personally, on micros, I just stick with the linear antenna. I really don't need more range and circular antenna just add weight. The linear is 1/2gram or less. The lollipop is 3g+

Foxeer micro is 1.6 gm
I just have terrible reception, even close.
I want to be able to fly around the big yard I’ve got.

Oscar Liang says you can increase reception by just putting circular antenna on your goggles. You get more gain even though you lose about 30% of the signal from the linear antenna on the quad.

If you want more - then you will need to put circular antenna on the quad as you've suggested, also.

Again, I'd just go with omni's, but if you are still having problems with reception you can go with directional. With directional you will need to keep facing your quad. In my yard I don't always fly in front of me so I feel omni's are better.

Reactions: Fishdeth
Mr. Steel recommended getting a tall receiver antenna for goggles to get the mushroom away from the ball of water that is your head. I bought this Lumenier AXII 2 5.8GHz Long Range 90° SMA Antenna - Choose Your PolarizationRHCP and I am super happy with the change in reception quality/range on all my quads, including my Mobula 6 HD indoors and outdoors.

I still run a patch antenna on the other goggle connection but don't always fly directly in front of me and wonder if I should try another omni and let diversity figure it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax