Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Long a$$ night! But she's done!!

broncosdad1317

Reaction score
after the past 7 hours straight of tearing apart, rebuilding, upgrading and betaflight configuring and well betaflight things and trouble shooting a problem for two hours and dealing with stripped screws again I finally got everything the way I wanted and built the way I want. Got my qx7 goin good. All a good. Tomorrow I shall tackle the beast also known as syncing my goggles to my controller and quad :) hopefully it's not too hard. Here's some pics of my baby Sirra ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1436.JPG
    IMG_1436.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1437.JPG
    IMG_1437.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1438.JPG
    IMG_1438.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
Thanks man first large amount of work tearing apart and building. I feel accomplished and excited about my maiden flight tomorrow ❤️ thanks thats reassuring coming from you. Might be hitti you up with a question or two tomorrow

Looks awesome! I'll be interested on your thoughts on those Emax motors, I'm in the middle of a build using the 2306 2400s.is that what yours are or are they the 2750s?

Reactions: broncosdad1317
Dang, Im at work and can't view Youtube. I'll check when I get home but I'm sure its AWESOME. BD, sorry to hijack your thread, sometimes I just get carried away hahaha

ditto, its a cool setup you have. excited me to see you chose those motors. the vid was for the sound effect. im addicted to the sound of them.
motors or batteries, (1300 75c & 95c 4s tattu Rline) nothing gets more than worm.

Last edited:
after the past 7 hours straight of tearing apart, rebuilding, upgrading and betaflight configuring and well betaflight things and trouble shooting a problem for two hours and dealing with stripped screws again I finally got everything the way I wanted and built the way I want. Got my qx7 goin good. All a good. Tomorrow I shall tackle the beast also known as syncing my goggles to my controller and quad :) hopefully it's not too hard. Here's some pics of my baby Sirra ;)

Excited to hear how she flies

Well guys here's my flight reports. First attempt with goggles I lost it and had to take the goggles off and luckily I spotted about 700 feet up in the air and I brought it back. On my next attempt I lost it completely and had to track through two feet of mud and across a river under the highway and into the woods to find it. Luckily I remembered to look for video signal as I was searching. After that I have t tried the goggles and went on vacation and got some good footage but had the goggles on all my friends sharin g the experience since I'm not good enough with the goggles myself. Lol. Will be trying again but I'm scared and kinda upset I couldn't even go up and land with the goggles on. I'm a beast pilot but with the goggles I am nothing lol. Thanks for your guys support and trust me in a month things will be differently. Do any of you have any pointers for flying with the goggles and not losing my quad so easily. I feel I went to fast and far. I also have a problem with learning how to follow the quad with my face so I don't lose video?? Also is there minor tweaking I can do in my vtx to better adjust and small tweak the channel to get maybe alittle further range. I heard something about auto searches will find your channel and a clear picture but it may need to be minor adjusted in vtx settings to get yourself alittle more distance with less breakup

Reactions: Futuramille
Yes the 2400's are amazing and I'm very satisfied. Response is great and thrust is like 4.5 lbs of thrust on each motor. Great motors plus they sound sexy and strong as hell. Many compliments over the weekend. and I love the new fpv camera. Runcam Swift 2 :) also gonna be switching from regular dalprop 5045 to dalprop cyclone 5042

Reactions: Futuramille
best pointer i have is to stay low and slow at first. find an open area and stay below the tops of trees. just slow boat it around and "carve" corners. go for smooth (its really mostly throttle input) so maybe put some expo on the throttle if its not smooth in the middle. it's all about control at all times (speed mostly) and situational awareness (look down, always have a target in mind or sight). have a flight plan and a goal or two. 10m -> 20m circles (left & right turns) around a single bush till the entry and exit in and out of the turn is smooth and level. its all muscle memory but it takes allot of batteries.
Id freek out to at 700ft. sounds like a neck snapping punch out with those pretty motors lol.
it doesn't take long, just put the goggles on and go back to basics for a dozen batteries

best pointer i have is to stay low and slow at first. find an open area and stay below the tops of trees. just slow boat it around and "carve" corners. go for smooth (its really mostly throttle input) so maybe put some expo on the throttle if its not smooth in the middle. it's all about control at all times (speed mostly) and situational awareness (look down, always have a target in mind or sight). have a flight plan and a goal or two. 10m -> 20m circles (left & right turns) around a single bush till the entry and exit in and out of the turn is smooth and level. its all muscle memory but it takes allot of batteries.
Id freek out to at 700ft. sounds like a neck snapping punch out with those pretty motors lol.
it doesn't take long, just put the goggles on and go back to basics for a dozen batteries
Thanks my friend. This helps me a lot I will note this all and do just that. Thank you for real. Flight plans with ever growing and harder goals Sounds like the most common and smartest way to consistently improve. I have 5 batteries for now. That should do me for a bit. Thanks man again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olierko