Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Long a$$ night! But she's done!!

once you get the basics and speed n altitude are under control. go to 100 (about 3 mistakes high) and start looking down from there. before going up, know what your going to look back down at, roll, or flip to look down, find the target and then level off. repeat
once you get used to recovering to level.. still 2 mistakes high hopefully, just make the recovery bigger (more altitude loss) and start easing up on your target. arrest your altitude a few times before getting to the target so you know the feel of stopping your momentum. repetitions and easing up on any new move teaches me my bail out path first

Reactions: broncosdad1317
once you get the basics and speed n altitude are under control. go to 100 (about 3 mistakes high) and start looking down from there. before going up, know what your going to look back down at, roll, or flip to look down, find the target and then level off. repeat
once you get used to recovering to level.. still 2 mistakes high hopefully, just make the recovery bigger (more altitude loss) and start easing up on your target. arrest your altitude a few times before getting to the target so you know the feel of stopping your momentum. repetitions and easing up on any new move teaches me my bail out path first
Thanks buddy. I appreciate all your pointers I'm gonna learn the first part and like you said I'll move up when I feel I'm ready :). Thanks for the video man it was insane. Your really good man. Can't wait to do stuff like that man Mucho gracias

Reactions: Futuramille
np, im no god at this either. this worked for my son... it didn't take more than a few months. glad to help but feels rather presumptuous to say.
LOS we are used to more throttle straight off (at least i am)... FPV i lift off as if my grandmother was onboard and its a heli. you still have to commit and leave with authority but keep it under 10ft till you have a steady throttle and altitude.

here's a fair example of "taking it easy". again, my son getting all the batteries.. but this is first battery. we have to be kinda sneaky to fly here.. smooth staged lift off and 90% of the flight is level and mostly throttle n yaw. yes, there's other tricks but notice he's still going pretty slow.
throttle and yaw is usually 90% in any case (looking around)
this is rough from my phone, cant edit right now.

Reactions: broncosdad1317
here's a fair example of "taking it easy". again, my son getting all the batteries.. but this is first battery. we have to be kinda sneaky to fly here.. smooth staged lift off and 90% of the flight is level and mostly throttle n yaw. yes, there's other tricks but notice he's still going pretty slow.
throttle and yaw is usually 90% in any case (looking around)
this is rough from my phone, cant edit right now.
thanks man this looks great mow I am in fear of learning my goggles and acro mode all in the same step is this the correct way to do it ???

Thanks my friend. This helps me a lot I will note this all and do just that. Thank you for real. Flight plans with ever growing and harder goals Sounds like the most common and smartest way to consistently improve. I have 5 batteries for now. That should do me for a bit. Thanks man again

Future is right....keep the goggles on and practice....stay low and just put around ....I'm lucky to just get off the ground in los....I need my goggles.

Either way you'll learn the muscle memory quickly with a sim and do it much cheaper
Sims are also great for learning tricks

i would use both goggles and transmitter with sims if you can. its hard to say really regarding not using modes. my first drones (and i wore them out several times) were brushed 125mm RISE house racers. they had a button to push to do flips/rolls.
when i turned on acro mode it was like i started over.
i don't think its needed but it will teach you fpv with less up front risk. but.. soon as you start feeling comfy in fpv. turn off modes. JMO though

word ill just hit the sim hard and then ill also just go acro on the goggles' in the field as well but just take it extra easy so the learning curve isn't too bad thanks buddy

based on that "slogging through swamp and woods" story, I'm simply tickled you got it back to have another go. that's just awesome!
Thanks man I was like almost crying and I found it I held it to the highest point I could and yelled YEAH as loud as I could and jumped haha. Totally childish but well needed. I put in work and I cut my foot in te river

Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CollatixWolfe