Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Looking for a place or someone to teach FPV flying

Shadyzee

Reaction score
Hello Everyone ,

am a biggener in FPV flying , with some experiance in normal drones "dji's".

am looking for a place or someone can teach FPV flying specially with "cinema footage" and assist with buying them , i have DJI FPV but still in box.
i don't mind flying within the state or Europe for that.

any recommendation will be GREAT help.

thanks

Not sure about in person instructors since you don't have your location available. But Pilot Institute has a very good "Deep Dive" course on the DJI FPV. That will help you understand how it works. Also, keep the drone in Normal Mode until you're more comfortable with the drone. Use the DJI Simulator to learn Manual Mode before you attempt it yourself.

I live in Carson City, Nevada, and I'd be happy to teach DJI FPV flying to anyone who's interested, including Manual Mode.

BYOFPV!

I've never gotten deeply into the photography aspect of drone flying, so I can't really help with that.

Just to get it out of the box, find a big open space where it's legal to fly, and just fly it in Normal Mode for a while. In Normal Mode, the DJI FPV flies like a big, fat Mini-2.

That would let you get used to the goggles/FPV aspect, without having to worry about any fancy flying issues.

I live in Carson City, Nevada, and I'd be happy to teach DJI FPV flying to anyone who's interested, including Manual Mode.

BYOFPV!

I've never gotten deeply into the photography aspect of drone flying, so I can't really help with that.

Just to get it out of the box, find a big open space where it's legal to fly, and just fly it in Normal Mode for a while. In Normal Mode, the DJI FPV flies like a big, fat Mini-2.

That would let you get used to the goggles/FPV aspect, without having to worry about any fancy flying issues.
What would your charge for training?

A nice steak dinner and a couple of beers at the end of the day would probably do it...

;-)

TCS
Thinking about it, if someone hasn't flown FPV before, I'd probably start them off by flying a Mini-2 *entirely* by reference to the screen, with me serving as the visual observer.

Flying only by reference to the screen does take practice, just like instrument flying in airplanes does. It's not really that hard, but it is a different perspective.

I suppose if someone were to put down a *cash* deposit equal to the full cost of getting a new replacement DJI FPV, I might let them fly mine, after I convinced myself that they were good pilots generally.

TRUST certificate would be a must. I have my 107.

TCS

I am still in the beginner stage, too. But I have discovered the cheapest way to start was the DJI simulator with the FPV goggles and controller on the iPad was the best training boot camp. AND BY FAR THE MOST REALISTIC! From there I got the BeataFPV Cetus X---and now they make it with "position hold" like DJI----for about $300 so you can breathe easy while you learn. Oh--I too recommend wide open spaces so you don't get hung up in trees.

don't ask how I know.

I am still in the beginner stage, too. But I have discovered the cheapest way to start was the DJI simulator with the FPV goggles and controller on the iPad was the best training boot camp. AND BY FAR THE MOST REALISTIC! From there I got the BeataFPV Cetus X---and now they make it with "position hold" like DJI----for about $300 so you can breathe easy while you learn. Oh--I too recommend wide open spaces so you don't get hung up in trees.

don't ask how I know.
I don't have to ask how you know...because I *already* know!

I've never gotten my DJI FPV stuck in a tree, but I did get a Mini-2 stuck in a tree once. I had to hire a tree guy to climb up and get it!

I'm an Android guy, and when I got the DJI FPV, the simulator pretty seriously didn't work for Android. So I never got any sim time before going to Manual Mode. It's not as seriously weird as is sometimes suggested. I had exactly one crash learning to fly in Manual Mode, which was non-fatal to the aircraft. Replaced one prop, new battery, and I was back in the air the next day.

The only reason I had even that one crash, was because I violated my own self-training rules. My first couple of Manual Mode flights had gone so well, that I became over-confident.

DJI has since said the sim works fine on Android now, but I haven't had a chance to go test it. I recommend sim time before flying in Manual Mode if it's conveniently available, but it's not necessary to do that to fly in Manual Mode safely.

:cool:

I don't have to ask how you know...because I *already* know!

I've never gotten my DJI FPV stuck in a tree, but I did get a Mini-2 stuck in a tree once. I had to hire a tree guy to climb up and get it!

:cool:
Just so happened that I have a friend with a 50 foot JLG lift. Between that and a 30 foot extension it was rescued before the second of my "pay in four" PayPal installments. Wind is your enemy on a small quad.

It was pretty windy when my Mini-2 got eaten by the tree, but it was my own fault. I was trying to see how close I could get to the tree (100 ft pine tree).

I didn't have any problem controlling the Mini-2, and it dealt with the wind fine, but when there was a wind gust strong enough to *move the entire tree*, it ate my drone! Near the top, too.

The Mini-2 fell *through* about 80 ft of tree (I have the vid), bouncing off branches, and then got lodged on a branch way above where I could reach it.

Miraculously, after the tree guy rescued it, there was no damage at all. Fresh battery, and back in the air. The outside got scuffed up a bit, but there was no mechanical damage. Not even a broken prop.

I left the scuff marks on rather than cleaning them off, as a sort of "battle trophy".

:)

TCS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax