Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Looking for guidance (a few links)

RCKable

Reaction score
Arent we all? Been flying drones for 3yrs, recently bought a Mavic Pro and love it but saw some folks using these racers and it looks like it would be great fun for when I am not trying to video/photo scenery.
I am looking for my first "racer", I know the preferable method is build your own, however I simple want to get a RTF bundle as my first bundle. I feel its the best choice for me at this time, and once I get use to it, and that I know I will continue to enjoy it, then I will build. I would like to say I like the Eachine Wizard but saw a number of reviews that say its not the best for your 1st racer but surely an intermediate one. With that being said here are some that I am highly interested in. Can anyone say stay away from any of these? Hopefully the Eachine gear will be back in stock very soon.
- Eachine Falcon 250 for my first. Eachine Falcon 250 FPV Quadcopter with FlySky i6 2.4G Remote Control 5.8G HD Camera RTF
- STORM SRD240X STORM Racing Drone (SRD240X V2 / with RC Tx)
- Walker Runner 250 Pro (the pro makes me think its not for a 1st racer) Walkera Runner 250 Pro GPS Racer (RTF / 1080P Cam)

Thanks for any advice.

Hi rckable, I to am new to this but I looked at eachine and nearly bought until I came across diatone tyrant s. A little more pricey but quality is amazing. Try Buzz hobbies. Grant is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. He put entire package together for me at a great price. Delivered rtf 2 day's later. Can't beat that

Hello,

I don't see anything about those 3 that are better for beginners. Don't overthink it. Beginner or expert, the two best value RTF 5" quads available right now are the Diatone Tyrant and the Eachine Wizard. You adjust the way all of these fly in the same onboard software (cleanflight/betaflight) by adjusting the pitch and roll rates. Just take it easy on the throttle, staying under 50% until you are ready for more power. Also you might consider a 3" or 4" instead of a 5". I started with a 5" and now fly my 3" almost exclusively.

A brushed micro like the eachine qx90 is also a very good way to learn. You can use the same radio and goggles with both your quads, so it is less than $100 to add one to your fleet including batteries.

Hi again TGO. Cheers for your feedback. Can I ask your opinion on better software out of the two for diatone? Have only just received it today and have not done any more yet.

I like to use betaflight but both are pretty good since cleanflight 2.0 came out. I would just leave whatever version is on there and see how it flies. Diatone is sometimes funny about updates from what I have read.

Thanks for the feedback especially for me not to overthink it. Which of course I do. I originally was looking at the 4" racers but figured the 5" would be more stable. The more I look the more options there are of course.
I'm hoping to meet up with a guy this weekend he said he wouldn't mind me trying out a few and I he could set up a couple that would be best for first timer I'm guessing that's why he had a laptop with him the other day when we met.
Learning lots from posts on here. Will keep everyone updated

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax