Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

(Mac) First Time Betaflight Setup

acubancat

Reaction score
I do apologize in advance as I'm sure this question has been asked before.. I tried searching the forums but could not find responses to my question.

I am using Betaflight with a macbook. I realize I need to download the STM USB VCP Drivers, but I am only able to find a windows version of the download. When I try opening it, I am getting an error stating that my mac is not able to run windows applications.

Has anyone utilizing a mac found a way around this challenge? Thank you!

Strange... I use BetaFlight on a 2008 Macbook Pro with no issues. I also use it on a first gen Macbook Air with no issues....

What I do is use Google Chrome. Download/Install Google Chrome. Then go to the Google app store and download BetaFlight from there. It comes up every time...

Now what I do notice is that if my Macbook or Imac have been up and running for sometime, BeatFlight may not always connect to the drone. What I found is when I want to use BetaFlight, I reboot my Mac computer, bring up Chrome and BetaFlight and everything connects up fine...

Hope this helps...

Reactions: theGreenOrange
In preparation of my drone, I did the same thing looked everywhere for a Mac version and found that you have to download Chrome, and add the extension. I was reluctant to put chrome on, but I figure I can handle using it just for when I need to use betaflight.

I used to only use Safari on my Apple computers, but I've noticed Safari is starting to have issues loading pages. I used to use Firefox, but I noticed it has a memory leak and drags down the speed of my older Apple computers. So I switched to Chrome which actually works very well....

In preparation of my drone, I did the same thing looked everywhere for a Mac version and found that you have to download Chrome, and add the extension. I was reluctant to put chrome on, but I figure I can handle using it just for when I need to use betaflight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MopacFPV