Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Mantis85 OmnibusF4SD flight controller.

Cheng_Kiat

Reaction score
Hi. I recently got into the hobby of fpv racing and wanted to try a simulator on my pc using a flysky fs-16 transmitter. However i do not own a cable but i saw a video on youtube showing that i will be able to connect the transmitter to the computer through betaflight once i am able to update my flight controller firmware. However when i try to update the firmware it says that it failed to connect to serial port. The cable is working properly. Would appreciate any help. :)

Is there anything else i have to do to update the firmware? I saw online that u have to do something with the bootloader so that i will be able to flash the firmware.

I've never had to use a bootloader, from my understanding it's for rewriting the firmware if you've really messed up and bricked the chip. I doubt you're there yet.

Open the craft in the Betaflight config, then disconnect, then try to flash. Sometimes the connection is weird. I'm sorry that I don't have anything more definite, but every time this has happened to me I messed around with the connection for a while and it straightened it's self out.

post back and let us know

Reactions: HighTechPauper
It can be tricky to get the FC in bootloader mode and/or the PC to recognize it. If you think you have a good power AND data USB cable, try getting the ImpulseRC Driver Fixer and run it, when it is not the cable, and you did get the FC in bootloader mode (powered by USB cable while boot pins or boot button is shorted together) then this can often solve it. Run it before you open the BF Configurator for it to work correctly. If it can fix it, it will say so, if it cannot fix it, it will say "Searching for Flight Controller" and not end up saying "Fixed"

1543636689341.png

Reactions: rtkDarling
So will it help with if i download the impulse driver and try to flash my firmware on my drone without going into bootloader mode? ( sorry i just got into this hobby so im not very familiar with it)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax