Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Master Airscrew FPV Props - anyone used them yet?

Ok used the master air suck then was not expecting anything from the aikon prop adapters but dang they really seem to help. I used what most people didn't I want a lower pitch 5.2x2.4x3 and was super windy out but it seemed to cut down a lot on the wobble also have so many higher pitch ones going to have to do some testing.

Okay holy smokes the 5" prop adapters( Akion) and a set of 5.2x2.6x3 definitely helped with the prop wash, and with the jiggles when you're trying to just float threw the air ,like after a power loop. This thing falls from the sky like a rock now. Going to try some pb&j's next. I did try a set of 5.2 x 3.6 x3 and they did seem a little bit better than the stock props. Do not expect to get any more efficiency. You only receive Max efficiency with the stock props or the master air screws.

pls let us know your findings. Am curious whether you have same or similar results.
I have been flying DJI fpv for ages and decided to try the ludicrous ++ and within ten flights all of a sudden had two high level sudden failures!! One could be power line interference and the other could be a bird strike!! Both totally un proven… I like the performance I get from the blades but if I have another mystery I am putting them in the bin.
Anyone had similar??

Reactions: SWTSU
I’ve had two sudden prop failures from MAS while flying the FPV in manual mode. I think MAS are more brittle compared to DJI props which leads to a higher failure rate.

Reactions: TonyPHX and SWTSU
Thanks for your response!! I think that it’s starting to make sense. These props should only be brittle at low temperatures and even then not really. Have you asked yourself why they are designed to fit together in the package they come in???! That’s effectively reducing their strength also! I think I’m binning them.

Thanks for your response!! I think that it’s starting to make sense. These props should only be brittle at low temperatures and even then not really. Have you asked yourself why they are designed to fit together in the package they come in???! That’s effectively reducing their strength also! I think I’m binning them.
I did notice less prop-wash with the MAS. However, I also lost a drone due to MAS failure. The drone was never recovered. It is just not worth the headache.

I'm also going to be posting my experience with the 3-blade MAS props for the AVATA. They dramatically reduced performance. The only MAS props that I actually liked and worked well were for my Mavic 3.

Reactions: SWTSU
Going back to the original blades makes me agree that the MAS has got less wake vortices issues and to be honest I liked them!! However clearly we are starting to see thanks to this forum that they are worryingly dodgy! I for one has made the decision that I ain’t using them again. It’s just not worth the out lay of what you might lose is it? You need consistent confidence.

I had a crash with them. Exploded while casually flying. I had never been in manual mode, so that was not a factor either. Luckily, I just had to replace the front landing gear board and did not have to send it in.

IMG_4763.jpegIMG_4765.jpegIMG_4782.jpeg

I wish I had seen the above. I too had a crash that I believe to be the MAS fpv props. Think they ultimately are too long and the tips from the Front Left and Right Left touched and busted it up.

I too had my FPV throw the left front prop in warm weather. $160 to DJI to get me back in the air.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas