Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Master Airscrew FPV Props - anyone used them yet?

dougcjohn

Reaction score
OK, March warm day... we finally have a nice day to be outside and either not freeze fingers, blown away, rained or snowed on.

Back in Late Winter, I saw that Master Air Screw released new Props for the DJI FPV.
I purchased 3 sets (4) of orange and tucked them away for Spring.

Got them out to examine today, I notice the DJI Stock & Drone Tech Props are size 53x28.
The Master Airscrew are size 54x32.

Comparing, they are clearly different: Orange > Master Air Screw, Grey > DJI OEM and 2 other 3rd Party.

Curious if any of the Warm Climate Flyers had tried them, or if Cold Climate Flyers were anxious to get out in Winter to try?

If I understand Prop designation: 1mm longer Arc & 4 degrees more Pitch.
Doesn't that equate to more lift (Arc & Pitch increased) or slower RPM at same speed... and greater response. Lower Prop RPM's to cover same distance.

Just as a side comment, kinda liked the Master Airscrew's indented prop hubs to allow all props to stack in tight set.

FPV Props.jpg

FPV prop2.jpg

Reactions: GoodnNuff and Zab
Yes, I have them. So far I noted slower acceleration, same top speed, a bit less noise but not much, error in goggles saying that prop cage detected and performance reduced. Flight time I didnt measure, have a feeling its a tiny bit less.

Yes, I have them. So far I noted slower acceleration, same top speed, a bit less noise but not much, error in goggles saying that prop cage detected and performance reduced. Flight time I didnt measure, have a feeling its a tiny bit less.
Would you buy them again?

Interesting, that's not a good report for an "improved" prop.
Thanks for the observations. I'll mount them and see if I get similar results.

Interesting, that's not a good report for an "improved" prop.
Thanks for the observations. I'll mount them and see if I get similar results.
pls let us know your findings. Am curious whether you have same or similar results.

Geart video, and his outcome was more what I expected from the props.
Been cold here, so haven't had mine out yet. Great point in video on normal & sport mode not changing due to GPS & FW programing, benefits on performance noticeable only in manual mode.

Interesting. Seems to go against the data shown in the testing video.

I just got some... Now I have to try them out!

No one posted any results I need results are we going for the prop adapters or for ludicrous come on guys

No one posted any results I need results are we going for the prop adapters or for ludicrous come on guys
Come on... They're $17 stop waiting around...

Well I am getting the adapter and throwing some peanut butter and jellies on it , 5.1x 3 x3 , and I'm going to fly stock ones and then the PB&j in the same pattern I don't use any editing software so we'll see if the jiggles are any better I don't think people understand though this thing is meant to fly slow freestyle I believe. I think it's two underpowered to get the stops that people want.

I just got them today, right away the prop guard message came up but performance was NOT affected? Message said it would be lowered? The look cool and that’s the sole purpose I got them to match my red canopy.
As a side not how is the drone calculating there is a prop guard on? The master air screws are heavier I can feel it in my hand maybe that’s how?

I use them and got no prop guard warning and I found them to be good for like cruising they're not what you want for freestyle.

I see these posts about the MA props and still don’t understand what little to be gained(???)by installing these is so appealing. I do understand the amount of money this company spends on advertising and if they ever decide to become a publicly traded company, I will certainly buy into this ongoing profitable(?)organization.

Unfortunately on the 14th day and the 13th pack one of my LEDs went out so luckily I purchased it from Best buy and I will be taking it back and getting a whole new unit obviously I'll be losing my skin but I'd prefer to have the LEDs working properly. Once I get that unit off set up I'm going to try the proper adapters on it but somehow I feel like the stock pops are going to be the only way to run this machine because that's how DjI set it up those mother effers lmao. I did message master air screw and asked him if they can make one that is a 5.2x2.4x3. because from my understanding for freestyle you want a lower pitch prop so you can be more effective in turbulent air and not have the jiggles so bad.

One of the hardest thing I've noticed when you start a new hobby as a beginner you get all this garbage thrown at you you need this buy into that all you really need is stick time and flight time and once you get experience enough to even know what turbulent air feels like you can start changing things lol, I've noticed that I can fly the DJI fpv drone in a different manner to keep the jiggles from happening. Like I can let my freestyle quad float or come down at a flat plane whereas the DJI doesn't like that as much it likes to be heading in a direction at least that's what it seems to me.

I have had a chance to use them a few times and honestly will return them.
The message keeps returning regarding the prop guards. I also noticed that when coming to a stop in S mode it shakes violently. Primarily I’m in full manual and I see no gains.
The edges of the props has a lot of excess plastic as in from the molding process? I have no clue how there made but they almost look unfinished.

Reactions: Erock

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax