Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Missing SRT files

akdrone

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to my DJI FPV. Previously to a day or two ago my drone recorded SRT files from the drone itself. Recently I did a series of flights over 4 days. The drone recorded SRT files for the first day but not subsequent days. I don't know what I might have done to flip whatever switch. All files were .mov files. The goggles recorded SRT files but don't know why the drone did not. Every previous flight I have made (only a few dozen) show SRT files for both the drone and the goggles footage.

There's a setting for it in advanced camera settings.

I'm relatively new to my DJI FPV. Previously to a day or two ago my drone recorded SRT files from the drone itself. Recently I did a series of flights over 4 days. The drone recorded SRT files for the first day but not subsequent days. I don't know what I might have done to flip whatever switch. All files were .mov files. The goggles recorded SRT files but don't know why the drone did not.
This doesn't make sense. What do you mean that the goggles recorded srt files but the drone didn't?

Every previous flight I have made (only a few dozen) show SRT files for both the drone and the goggles footage.
Okay...."show" SRT files raises a flag here.

In the old days DJI drones created a separate .srt file that could be edited. My P4P embeds the data in the .mov file. An .srt file is a subtitle file. So if you have subtitles turned off on your viewing software, you simply won't see that data.

I don't know which drone you have, so I don't know if you have a separate .srt file. If you do, you can simply copy it from your goggles' storage medium (MicroSD card???) to whichever folder your drone footage is in. Just make sure the files names are the same. For example:

footage.mov
footage.srt

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax