Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Motor twitching/stuttering when yawing/rolling

leanderp

Reaction score
I've built my first fpv drone a few weeks ago and it flies well, there is just one thing i noticed. When i yaw and sometimes also when rolling there is a weird motor twitching/stuttering sound. It seems like it only happens when the motors stop accelerating when they reach their desired RPM, almost like they overshoot the RPM and have to brake again. Same thing goes for slowing down/letting go of the yaw stick. I haven't heard that sound in any videos or on other fpv drones, so I'm guessing this isn't normal.

Specs:

FC&ESC stack: SpeedyBee F405 V3 BLS 50A 30x30
Motors: EMAX ECO II Series 2207 1900kv
Batteries: Tattu RLine 1300mAh 6s
ESC protocol: DSHOT300

The ESC firmware is up to date aswell.

Let me know if you need more information on the quads specs.
Any help would be appreciated!

As your quad seems to fly just fine, I do not think this problem stems from hardware. Additionally since you mention you are somewhat new to the hobby, I am sure this is simply a small tuning issue. While PIDs are an explanation far too long for this forum, there are tons of great YouTube videos breaking down what each value controls and how they show up when flying. Without blackbox logs or seeing the quad in flight, I can only assume a twitching or stuttering at the end of roll/yaw input is the P value on roll and yaw (and most likely pitch too) is too high. This results in the FC making too quick of an adjustment at the end of aggressive movement and thus a high frequency twitch/stutter. I would try lowering the P values (while monitoring D values and motor temp) to see if this twitch goes away or becomes too "sloppy". If at the end of a quick movement the quad starts to slide or feel not as sharp, P values have been lowered too far and they should probably bounce back up.

Hope this helps!

As your quad seems to fly just fine, I do not think this problem stems from hardware. Additionally since you mention you are somewhat new to the hobby, I am sure this is simply a small tuning issue. While PIDs are an explanation far too long for this forum, there are tons of great YouTube videos breaking down what each value controls and how they show up when flying. Without blackbox logs or seeing the quad in flight, I can only assume a twitching or stuttering at the end of roll/yaw input is the P value on roll and yaw (and most likely pitch too) is too high. This results in the FC making too quick of an adjustment at the end of aggressive movement and thus a high frequency twitch/stutter. I would try lowering the P values (while monitoring D values and motor temp) to see if this twitch goes away or becomes too "sloppy". If at the end of a quick movement the quad starts to slide or feel not as sharp, P values have been lowered too far and they should probably bounce back up.

Hope this helps!
Found out that i just didnt install the right ELRS presets for my radio, stupid mistake…

Works all fine now though :)

Reactions: Coleon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18