Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Weird twitching

The Cragle

Reaction score
So I've been flying for about a year and I am an addict.

Hi, my name is Ron and I am addicted to FPV......

I started with a Wizard x220 and now the only thing left of it is the frame, sort of. I've replaced everything on it including the frame. Ive built 3 other quads from the ground up and love the tinker factor.

Here's my issue. I get a weird twitching sound when I'm either cruising at mid throttle or if I let it float down after a punch out. It doesn't failsafe or anything, it just twitches like it has a mild case of turrets.

Here's the set up:
Chameleon frame
Omnibus F4
Returner R5s
DYS 30a esc's
MATEX PBD
Unify Pro HV
Runcam Eagle Pro 2
Cyclone 5040c props

Could I have an ESC timing issue, motor timing or issue, could it be PID's, filters????? Its driving me nuts.

Any help would be great

I had the same problem on one of my builds, a couple of months ago. My quad would lift off and hover ok, but if I tried to maintain a hover or throttle up just a bit, I would hear a weird twitching,/ hesitating kind of sound and my quad would fall from the air and drop to the ground. I tried replacing motors (from Racestar 2205 to DYS samguk 2207). It still did the same thing. I would watch motors in Betaflight motors mode gradually throttle up to about mid point, then motor #1 would start twitching and making the sound. So next I replaced ESC for motor #1, then the problem went away (I am using separate Racestar 30A ESC's).
But what is weird now is that ESC #1 & #2 doesn't allow me to upgrade firmware in BLHeli suite. It indicates unknown firmware version when I tried to flash it, then motors #1 & #2 do not spin at all. I'm wondering if the FC or PDB are burning the ESC's out. I don't get the start up tones from ESC's #1 & #2 either. So what I'm gonna do now is swap the FC & PDB with an Omnibus F4 AIO board, replace all ESC's, then see what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax