Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Motors throttle to max then reset

b0baganush

Reaction score
I just finished my build and finally got it to the point of testing and now I have ran into another issue. I plug in the battery and turn on my controller and arm the drone. The motors spin at idle and everything is fine until I start to give it some throttle and then the motors rev up the max RPM, the drone hops in the air and then reboots. I can rearm the drone and everything seems fine but the same thing will happen. I have tried with airmode turned on and turned off and the same thing happens. Below is a link to a video of what is going on.

Thanks for the response Fast and Curious. I just ran through this walk through (How to Calibrate ESC? - Oscar Liang) on calibrating the ESC using betaflight. Connected the quadcopter to betaflight, maxed throttle, plugged in battery, waited for beeping to complete, lowered throttle to minimum and received another beep indicating that the calibration was completed. I put the props back on and the same thing is still happening. I am able to use pitch and roll fine with no issues while the drone is on the floor but as soon as a use the left stick for yaw or throttle is just immediately maxes throttle and then stops.

If you have remapped some pads with a custom motor mix and it not saving properly could cause that.

Are your props spinning the same direction as indicated in Betaflight? It looks like you have the qwad set up as "props out" which means you'll need to click the motors reversed direction
tab(I forget exactly what it's called) in Betaflight. You'll find the button under the picture of the qwad with the motors all numbered 1-4.
I had exactly the same problem, one click of the mouse and all fixed

Are your props spinning the same direction as indicated in Betaflight? It looks like you have the qwad set up as "props out" which means you'll need to click the motors reversed direction
tab(I forget exactly what it's called) in Betaflight. You'll find the button under the picture of the qwad with the motors all numbered 1-4.
I had exactly the same problem, one click of the mouse and all fixed
mrmund, Thank you so much that fixed it!!!! I got the quad not realizing that these racing style ones were not quite plug and play.

mrmund, Thank you so much that fixed it!!!! I got the quad not realizing that these racing style ones were not quite plug and play.
Not a problem. I got tons of help from the wizards on here as I've learned. FPV qwads are really complicated and there's so much to learn but unlike other activities, with FPV guys there's no judgement for being "new" and everyone helps you.
Someday you'll find a post from someone new and you recognize their problem because you went through it and help them.
The community, especially this forum is really focused on helping others figure out how to make stuff work. We learn radio transmission, soldering, coding and programing, 3D printing, Cad/Cam machining and videography. Add in some serious crashing and it covers a lot of disciplines. I've never been so "obsessed" with something and had this kind of support. Keep going and if you have more questions post them here, search YouTube, keep looking. Someone will help you.
Happy flying, if you're ever in Brooklyn hit me up and we'll go tear some S up.

Last edited:
Reactions: needelmanDP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax