Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

my drone is now a submarine

1ikhan

Reaction score
Thought I should share this 9999 IQ moment of mine. Took it to fly at my friend's vacation house. Felt like I packed everything I needed, even triple checked. I get there, my friends are looking at the drone amazed, I'm feeling proud. I set everything up to fly over the river the house is connected to. One problem: I forgot the cloverleaf antenna for my goggles, and I only had the patch. Now, everyone reading this would probably put away everything and not fly, and uh I should have done the same. But I didn't, because at the time I thought: "It would suck to not show these guys how fast this thing can go, so long as I fly right in line with the antenna it shouldn't be too bad, right?" Oh man. So the first few minutes of flight over the river, I was conservative and only flew in a line going full tilt. My friends were both surprised and concerned at how fast it went for such a small thing. Now I get an absolute brilliant idea: do some tricks. I try to do a flip, I lose video, and the drone goes straight into the river ?. I am pleased to announce to the world that my drone has found a new home at the bottom of a river.

• Sad
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Thought I should share this 9999 IQ moment of mine. Took it to fly at my friend's vacation house. Felt like I packed everything I needed, even triple checked. I get there, my friends are looking at the drone amazed, I'm feeling proud. I set everything up to fly over the river the house is connected to. One problem: I forgot the cloverleaf antenna for my goggles, and I only had the patch. Now, everyone reading this would probably put away everything and not fly, and uh I should have done the same. But I didn't, because at the time I thought: "It would suck to not show these guys how fast this thing can go, so long as I fly right in line with the antenna it shouldn't be too bad, right?" Oh man. So the first few minutes of flight over the river, I was conservative and only flew in a line going full tilt. My friends were both surprised and concerned at how fast it went for such a small thing. Now I get an absolute brilliant idea: do some tricks. I try to do a flip, I lose video, and the drone goes straight into the river ?. I am pleased to announce to the world that my drone has found a new home at the bottom of a river.
Well I feel your pain having failed to set my failsafe on a quad and watched it disappear into the sunset on its way to the Bermuda Triangle. Not much comfort but you are not alone, spare a thought for the people that lose brand new, maiden flight Mavic Pro whatever into the never never or indeed the ocean. I’m reading these stories everyday.
Again you have skills albeit a simple mistake, that the autonomous crew will never have.
Get back on the horse, get another quad and learn from the experience.

Well I feel your pain having failed to set my failsafe on a quad and watched it disappear into the sunset on its way to the Bermuda Triangle. Not much comfort but you are not alone, spare a thought for the people that lose brand new, maiden flight Mavic Pro whatever into the never never or indeed the ocean. I’m reading these stories everyday.
Again you have skills albeit a simple mistake, that the autonomous crew will never have.
Get back on the horse, get another quad and learn from the experience.
Hey thanks for the kind words. Yeah I'll build a new one for sure, just a matter of time really. I'd short circuit if I lost a mavic hahah.

Reactions: tevek

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax