Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New Danish-Canadian FPV Pilot, spending winters on the Pacific Coast in Mexico.

BriSo

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

My name is Brian. I got my DJI FPV a couple days ago. It is excellent equipment, but somehow the fly distance is limited to 50 meters. I will be able to get some amazing footage from where I live, but not much with this limitation. Surely there’s a fix for this, or am I doing something totally wrong?

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum. ?

Thank you. :) Do you fly the FPV yourself? I would imagine. I am very frustrated with my limited flight options.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thank you. :) Do you fly the FPV yourself? I would imagine. I am very frustrated with my limited flight options.
Have just started and havent had your issue but sure someone will chime in and give you an answer.

First, welcome to the forum Brian! I'm pretty new to this but then again I guess we all are its a pretty new bird. "They" say 10K or about 6 miles distance but that is in absolutely perfect conditions I would guess. I can get maybe 2500 feet distance with all the woods around me and sometimes as little as 1000 feet. Not sur at all why you only get 50 meters, that wouldn't even get me out of my back yard. Are you near some restricted areas like airports or something? The bird has the ability to do way better, but it sounds like maybe something is blocking it. Have you tried in a different location?

First, welcome to the forum Brian! I'm pretty new to this but then again I guess we all are its a pretty new bird. "They" say 10K or about 6 miles distance but that is in absolutely perfect conditions I would guess. I can get maybe 2500 feet distance with all the woods around me and sometimes as little as 1000 feet. Not sur at all why you only get 50 meters, that wouldn't even get me out of my back yard. Are you near some restricted areas like airports or something? The bird has the ability to do way better, but it sounds like maybe something is blocking it. Have you tried in a different location?
Thank you. Yes I am a 20 minute drive from an International airport, I have also tried further away from my location, but same problem. I am not sure how far these Geofences extend, but t is very frustrating.

I know there is an app called Kittyhawk here in the USA that will show you where you can and cannot fly, maybe there is something similar where you are, do a little research into it maybe.

I know there is an app called Kittyhawk here in the USA that will show you where you can and cannot fly, maybe there is something similar where you are, do a little research into it maybe.
I downloaded Kittyhawk and applied for a day, but thats as far as it went, no approval or response?

I downloaded Kittyhawk and applied for a day, but thats as far as it went, no approval or response?
Yeah, I only fly here at home and its just wide open here, sorry I'm not more help..

I believe if you scroll through the settings I remember there being a distance limitation you have to disable, not at home right now so I can’t find it for you but I’m almost positive I disabled a distance limit, it would be in the same menu as the altitude limit setting.

I believe if you scroll through the settings I remember there being a distance limitation you have to disable, not at home right now so I can’t find it for you but I’m almost positive I disabled a distance limit, it would be in the same menu as the altitude limit setting.
Advanced safety settings or some such thing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18