Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New interest

Jeff48920

Reaction score
Although I have been flying Phantom's (P2v, P2V+ and P3P) for almost 2 years with hundreds of flights and miles under my belt, I have decided to get into this more technically demanding area. I am expecting my ARF Eachine 250 racer to arrive in the morning. I have downloaded and installed Open-Pilot, read RCGroups posts and watched YouTube videos until my eyes bled. Best thing I learned so far is how to enable fail-safe mode on the Eachine i6 transmitter........

Glad to see this forum getting off the ground

Wise decision in starting with an ARF. I LOVE my Eachine 250. Surprisingly sturdy and a great "learner" racer. Which one did you decide to start with? Fail safe is Crucial. I had to use it once myself. hmm I should post that story here somewhere.....

Wise decision in starting with an ARF. I LOVE my Eachine 250. Surprisingly sturdy and a great "learner" racer. Which one did you decide to start with? Fail safe is Crucial. I had to use it once myself. hmm I should post that story here somewhere.....

Thanks man! I guess I should be 100% honest here. This is my second Eachine 250. First one was a RTF with everything bound and configured. I knew nothing about it and figured, with my Phantom "skills", I should be able to fly it. HA!!! Neither the i6 transmitter nor the ccd3 was configured for fail safe. Who knew these are much more challenging? I know... I should have been better prepared. I also didn't have the receiver ants properly aligned. Lost signal 3 minutes and 75 feet into the flight and watched it disappear over a thick forest. Hopefully lesson learned!!! . Great little "beginner" I'm super amped though.

Lost signal 3 minutes and 75 feet into the flight
do racing drones not have better range than that?? 75 feet sucks. seems liike you couldn't fly it anywhere fast without getting out of range in a couple of seconds

do racing drones not have better range than that?? 75 feet sucks. seems liike you couldn't fly it anywhere fast without getting out of range in a couple of seconds
All kinds of things entered into that 75 foot problem. Turns out my RX antennas weren't properly placed and it was way too high. On average you'll see at least 900 feet with a stock Eachine using the i6 TX and i6 RX.

Looks like you need to watch some of the video's .the one's where the 15 year old wins 250K is really cool .

Reactions: Cale262

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax