Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New motor not spinning

F1PaceCar

Reaction score
Hey. Newby here.
I had to install a new motor on mine Flywoo and once I soldered the new motor (while trying to keep the same cable orientation from the defective motor) it seems to get power to it but there is no rotation. I thought it didn't matter the orientation of the cables, what am I missing?
Ps. the previous motor worked on a much lower rpm, that is why I decided to replace it.

Suggests an ESC problem more than a motor problem.

Last edited:
Agree @Kilrah but I do need a little help on this

I have now identified that on firmware 4.3.0 and above the CLI dump provided by FlyWoo articles (https://flywoo.tawk.help/.../cli-for-firefly-1snano-baby...) throw some errors.
I can attempt to collect those errors if necessary by not saving the CLI at the end of the DUMP
On firmware: 4.2.11 BTFL, Target FLWO/FLYWOOF411_5IN1_AIO(STM32F411)
That CLI Dump provided is executed cleanly and motor 3 is at it is best at this time, although it is yet occasionally not arming. Although I see that the Beeps of the ESC is triggered twice, indicating that there is yet an error.
With any older firmware 4.2.10 and below that CLI Dump provided is executed cleanly although the motor rotation direction is inverted for one or more motors depending on which version is selected the orientation will be different from other version. Although the ESC is initialized correctly with one beep cycle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix