Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New Pilot Looking for Guidance

Brewzer

Reaction score
Hi guys i'm new to Drone FPV and have just purchase a boat load of kit. I just want to share with you purchases and see if some people can share some knowledge with me, or tell me if I have made any bad discussions. I have just posted a video showing everything I have bought so go check it out. Thanks very much for your time, I'm looking forward to becoming part of the community!

Looks like you are all set!! Good components! Just need to fly!!!

Welcome aboard.
Great video, looks like you did really well in selecting your components (very aggressive for a beginner) I noted a few items you should purchase immediately if you want to continue to fly
1. 8- spare arms
2. 6 sets of props.
3. Make sure both 5.8gh antennas are either "right hand or left hand"
Don't get emotionally attached to your new quad..........it makes it so much harder when you bring the pieces home.

I wrote a rather lengthy post to another new pilot, I'll add it after this post.

See my next post and fly the sim every day with you controller.
If the controller came with ratchet on throttle....remove the ratchet feel.

You will see you have 3 modes to fly
1. LEVEL (limited roll pitch and yaw to a specific angle) always tries to level
2. HORIZON ( removes the angle limit so you can do flips and rolls) always tries to level
3. ACRO ( no leveling no angle limit)

If you listen to and heed all of the BEST quad pilots, you should start and stay in ACRO mode. That way you won't create any bad habits to conquer later.
Don't be afraid to ask any questions here. These guys really go out of there way to help. Especially new "PILOTS"
I'm 72 years old and started building and flying quads in 2015. Historically I have over 3,000 hours PIC time (pilot in command) Fixed wing, multi-engine, commercial, instrument and it didn't do a bit of good when I started flying quads.
The best thing you can do for yourself is use a simulator program on your computer with your controller and fly every day or night. My favorite sim program is "FPV AIR 2" you may have to upgrade the video card in your computer to run the program smoothly but it will be well worth it in the long run. Everyone needs "STICK TIME"
Please keep me posted how your doing and if you found the advice useful.
Bob Mutch

Reactions: Futuramille
You will see you have 3 modes to fly
1. LEVEL (limited roll pitch and yaw to a specific angle) always tries to level
2. HORIZON ( removes the angle limit so you can do flips and rolls) always tries to level
3. ACRO ( no leveling no angle limit)

If you listen to and heed all of the BEST quad pilots, you should start and stay in ACRO mode. That way you won't create any bad habits to conquer later.
Don't be afraid to ask any questions here. These guys really go out of there way to help. Especially new "PILOTS"
I'm 72 years old and started building and flying quads in 2015. Historically I have over 3,000 hours PIC time (pilot in command) Fixed wing, multi-engine, commercial, instrument and it didn't do a bit of good when I started flying quads.
The best thing you can do for yourself is use a simulator program on your computer with your controller and fly every day or night. My favorite sim program is "FPV AIR 2" you may have to upgrade the video card in your computer to run the program smoothly but it will be well worth it in the long run. Everyone needs "STICK TIME"
Please keep me posted how your doing and if you found the advice useful.
Bob Mutch
Really appreciate the info, thank you. Currently I'm still not airborne yet. I'm not sure how to connect the r-xsr with the quad. Any info would be super helpful. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion