Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New to Racing

Dmbd

Reaction score
Been flying "toy" drones for around a year now. Racing stuff looked interesting so I dove in head first on a build. I have been watching a lot of videos and it looks like this could get interesting.

Decided to build my first instead of buying. Went with cheaper stuff as I am sure I am going to crash a few times. May have over did it. My build should weight in at around 460g and the motors claim to push around 950g of thrust/each. This should get interesting real quick. I will post crash photos. HEHE

Reactions: Jtrjr
DM,

Welcome and good luck! We definitely crash a lot but it starts to slow down a little the further along you get. Keep your tools handy and grab some spare parts!

Jerry

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome DM,
Crashing is apart of learning with this gig. As a noob myself,
I can attest to that. Start low and slow...that was the advice I got from the guys on here....that didn't last long . In retrospect i am flying low and slower now because it is where the real learning takes place. Make sure you go to a big field with cut grass to get started... these birds are very fast and you WILL
Need the space to recover when things go sideways.
I wish you a lot of luck...

Peace
Keith

Welcome DM,
Crashing is apart of learning with this gig. As a noob myself,
I can attest to that. Start low and slow...that was the advice I got from the guys on here....that didn't last long . In retrospect i am flying low and slower now because it is where the real learning takes place. Make sure you go to a big field with cut grass to get started... these birds are very fast and you WILL
Need the space to recover when things go sideways.
I wish you a lot of luck...

Peace
Keith
Keith,
Luckily I own a 15 acre hay pasture that will be my training ground. I don't have to travel to get to the field and there are no neighbors around to get foul at my flying. I will be buying gates and such once I get the hang of this "real" flying stuff.

Hi DM,
Yea I live in the country as well we have 4 acres in the woods.
Mostly trees accept for about 1 acre. The rest is a pond and woods. You are fortunate to have a wide open space ...that is critical for beginners. I am a speed freak and so my natural instinct is to rip... i have not been to the field in over a month. I have been flying low and around trees which is very fun ...in between crashes:D

Peace Keith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prabhu1008