Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New to this, please help

RCWatchman

Reaction score
Please, in no way do I wish to waste anyone's time. I have tried to find an answer to this one thing and for the life of me I can not. I know that several of the big YouTube names have posted videos on how to unlock different power outputs in the DJI FPV combo with V2 goggles. They show a menu read out on the goggles that shows the multiple power choices. What I find is they always show that expanded menu after the mod has been done. My question is, can you get the V2 goggles to show the stock power menu before the mod is done or does that menu only show up after the change? Sorry, one more question, if the menu is there before the change, what steps do you take to find it? Please, if anyone would care to help with this, I promise I will learn more about how to navigate and search before I ask any more questions. Thank for any help you care to offer.

Welcome to the forum and excuse my ignorance but what mod are you talking about ?

Reactions: A.O.
Sorry I guess I should call it a hack. This allows you to have more choices of power output. The thing is it is probably not legal but I was wondering if you could find that menu before the hack or mod was done.

Sorry I guess I should call it a hack. This allows you to have more choices of power output. The thing is it is probably not legal but I was wondering if you could find that menu before the hack or mod was done.
If your using the goggles with the DJI FPV drone, you cannot change the power output, however if your using the goggles to connect to the caddx vista or dji air unit(which are used in hobby built freestyle\race drones), then you can. There are two different menu systems stored in the v2 goggles, you cannot use both at the same time, either you are paired up with the DJI FPV drone, which does not have that option, or you pair up the goggles to the caddx or air unit which uses a different menu system that has that option. The hack only works with the the caddx vista or air unit.

There is an FCC hack for people that fly outside of the US, since CE mode is what is used in many other countries which uses less power output. FCC allows more power output. However, if your already in the US, than your already using 1400mw with the DJI FPV Drone.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
the easist one is by @b3yond

no, you cannot tell the power output from the drone/goggles - you would need a meter
however, you can try it and see if it makes a difference or not.

note: this is mostly applicable in CE areas (so uk/eu), US is already using max output power.

I think it it helps largely depends on where you are flying, and things like RF interference.

if you are in open countryside - I recommend trying to put the goggle in 2.4 ghz mode (Auto seems to use 5ghz) - this will give better long distance, and better penetration.
however, in cities (apparently) 5 ghz is better, due to the amount of interference.

honestly in open countryside in Spain, where I am, I found little difference in boosting power output - the major gain was moving to 2.4 ghz, which is night n' day difference for me!

Reactions: AngryPepper
the easist one is by @b3yond

no, you cannot tell the power output from the drone/goggles - you would need a meter
however, you can try it and see if it makes a difference or not.

note: this is mostly applicable in CE areas (so uk/eu), US is already using max output power.

I think it it helps largely depends on where you are flying, and things like RF interference.

if you are in open countryside - I recommend trying to put the goggle in 2.4 ghz mode (Auto seems to use 5ghz) - this will give better long distance, and better penetration.
however, in cities (apparently) 5 ghz is better, due to the amount of interference.

honestly in open countryside in Spain, where I am, I found little difference in boosting power output - the major gain was moving to 2.4 ghz, which is night n' day difference for me!
Thanks, that’s great to know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas