Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

No Stick Movement When Using TBS Tracer Nano on a DJI Caddx Digital Setup

SpeedBump

Reaction score
DBDF63B5-8589-46E9-9683-A11F89D52ACD.jpegHi,

Hopefully someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Just installed a Flywoo GOKU HD 745 EVO 2-6S 40A AIO FC into my new build with both a Caddx Vista and TBS Tracer Nano Receiver.

I had no problems configure the FC in BetaFlight to use the DJI FPV Controller and DJI FPV Goggles by setting the RX to UART 2 (see attached wiring diagram for the Flywoo GOKU HD) and the Receiver protocol to SBUS. I have video with OSD and my controller communicates with the FC.

However, I’m having issues getting it to work using the TBS Tracer Nano receiver. I’ve wired it in accordance to the wiring diagram and I changed the RX to UART 1 and the protocol to CRSF. The Tracer communicates fine with my Radiomaster TX16S with full telemetry and I’m able to see the video with the OSD in my DJI FPV Goggles, but the sticks on my Radiomaster do not respond at all and it doesn’t seem to communicate with the FC. I tried changing AERT the order to TAER and nothing happened.

I did a similar update in my iFlight A85 HD that I bought as a PNP for the DJI Digital Caddx vista and installed a TBS Tracer Nano receiver and I was able to get it working without any issues.

Hopefully someone can shed some light what I need to do to get this

Did you use TBS agent X to bind and update your TX and RX? You can confirm it's bound? You wired the tx pad from the Tracer receiver to the rx pad on the UART and rx on tracer to tx on UART? In Betaflight, you switched your serial RX to Uart1 so Uart2 is disabled? In some cases you need to remove the signal wires coming from the air unit to the FC. Even when disabled in Betaflight if there is power at the port, it can sometimes be a problem. Don't cut the wire, just pull the yellow SBUS wire from the harness.

Hi,
Firstly, thank you for your reply.
To answer your questions:
(1) Did you use TBS agent X to bind and update your TX and RX? YES
(2) You can confirm it's bound? Yes, I have telemetry being sent to my Radiomaster
(3) You wired the tx pad from the Tracer receiver to the rx pad on the UART and rx on tracer to tx on UART? YES
(4) In Betaflight, you switched your serial RX to Uart1 so Uart2 is disabled? YES
(5) In some cases you need to remove the signal wires coming from the air unit to the FC. I DID AND IT DOD NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE

1615305117548.png

• In the CLI type "get rx"
  • Look for serialrx_inverted.... make sure it is set to off.
  • Save and reboot

Last edited:
You may need to try a different UART to eliminate the possibility of a bad UART1. Re-soldering a couple wires won't take you long!

I’m going to try to re-wire it just in case there’s a bad connection and will let you know if that fixes it.
Thank you so much for all your help. It is much appreciated.

Double check your RX and TX, this is where most people make a mistake.

Hi,
Got it working. You were right I had my wires crossed. I could have looked at it for days thinking that I soldered them right. I hat the Chanel 1 going to the T1 and Channel 2 going to the R1. When I was looking at the wiring diagram my brain must have been telling me to wire R1 to T1 and T1 to R1.
Thanks again for everything.

No problem!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya