Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

No Video on New Build

Lightning111

Reaction score
I am new to the drone world and have just completed a build, I cannot get a signal between the Matek VTX HV and my Eachine ev800D goggles. Using Betaflight to program the VTX. I used IRC Tramp (EU) to programme the VTX Bands and Channels. The Matek HV VTX I have has LED's that correspond to the selection made in BetaFlight and this appears to be working correctly. When I switch on the goggles and select search I can see some flashing on the screen but when the search is complete all I have is snow on the screen. I note from a previous post that a snowy display indicates that the video TX is U/S. The drone is wired according to the diagram on the Matek F405 controller web page. Is anyone able to advise because I am at a loss as to what the solution is. Thanks

Can you confirm your wiring matches this? What version of BF? Can you show how you setup your VTX tables? Can you include a CLI diff all for your config so I can look at it?

1614619007768.png

Hi Drone Guy thanks for your response.
I am using BF release 4.2
1. My wiring is as the top diagram you forwarded except that on my drone the blue wire from TX Vid on VTX is connected to TX5 on my flight controller. In BF Ports tab UART 5 peripherals has VTX(IRC TRAMP selected.

2. Iset up my video by selecting the Video Transmitter tab in BF. In the instructions at the top of the page I clicked on the Go to This page which took me to VTX Table
for Configuration, on this page I downloaded & installed the file "IRC Tramp (EU)" since I am resident in UK.

Pleas See copy of CLI "diff" file below

Entering CLI Mode, type 'exit' to return, or 'help' #
# Building AutoComplete Cache ... Done!
#
# diff

# version
# Betaflight / MATEKF405 (MKF4) 4.1.1 Nov 15 2019 / 12:34:32 (1e5e3d369) MSP API: 1.42

# start the command batch
batch start

board_name MATEKF405

# beacon
beacon RX_LOST
beacon RX_SET

# serial
serial 4 8192 115200 57600 0 115200

# vtxtable
vtxtable bands 5
vtxtable channels 8
vtxtable band 1 BOSCAM_A A CUSTOM 5865 5845 5825 5805 5785 5765 5745 0
vtxtable band 2 BOSCAM_B B CUSTOM 5733 5752 5771 5790 5809 5828 5847 5866
vtxtable band 3 FATSHARK F CUSTOM 5740 5760 5780 5800 5820 5840 5860 0
vtxtable band 4 RACEBAND R CUSTOM 0 0 5732 5769 5806 5843 0 0
vtxtable band 5 IMD6 I CUSTOM 5732 5765 5828 5840 5866 5740 0 0
vtxtable powerlevels 3
vtxtable powervalues 25 200 500
vtxtable powerlabels 25 200 500

# master
set acc_calibration = 5,-59,-27
set serialrx_provider = IBUS
set use_unsynced_pwm = OFF
set motor_pwm_protocol = DSHOT600
set vtx_band = 1
set vtx_channel = 1
set vtx_power = 3
set vtx_freq = 5865

profile 0

rateprofile 0

# end the command batch
batch end

I hope the information above is what you required as I said I am new to this sport and my learning curve is steep. Many thanks for you assistance

Thanks @Lightning111,

So your VTX table looks good, your wiring appears to be correct. The VTX should be tunes to A1. The LEDs on the VTX would confirm this. Manually tune your goggles to A1 and see what happens. Don't try to tune with Tramp just yet. You said the VTX LEDs are lit so that means it's getting power. I would double check your connections from the camera to the FC and also the ground wire and yellow video wire coming from the FC to the VTX. A flaky ground will cause your issue. Otherwise try a different camera if you have one.

I also forgot to ask. Have you powered on the VTX without an antenna connected? if so you may have fried the VTX.

Lastly, do you have the serial RX enabled for Uart5? Because you should not. Some people make this mistake. It should look like this.

ports tab.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @Lightning111,

So your VTX table looks good, your wiring appears to be correct. The VTX should be tunes to A1. The LEDs on the VTX would confirm this. Manually tune your goggles to A1 and see what happens. Don't try to tune with Tramp just yet. You said the VTX LEDs are lit so that means it's getting power. I would double check your connections from the camera to the FC and also the ground wire and yellow video wire coming from the FC to the VTX. A flaky ground will cause your issue. Otherwise try a different camera if you have one.

I also forgot to ask. Have you powered on the VTX without an antenna connected? if so you may have fried the VTX.

Lastly, do you have the serial RX enabled for Uart5? Because you should not. Some people make this mistake. It should look like this.

View attachment 4950
Hi Drone Guy,
I followed your advice and checked the integrity of my soldered joints and the UART settings both of which were OK. I ordered a replacement VTX which solved my problem. I guess that I must have connected power at some point without the antenna connected and fried the VTX though I cant remember doing it. Let that be a lesson for all newbies. Anyway thanks very much for your sound advice which solved the problem.
Regards
John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax