Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

OK - what's next

Roadking

Reaction score
Website
aerialdroneservice.myportfolio.com
I've just recently started flying freestyle and thanks to some members here I got off the ground. I'm not great, but I can fly fine around a field, make sharp turns and go through a hoop. I'm currently flying a TinyHawk with a Taranis X9D and Eachine EV800 goggles (again, thanks for your recommendations).

I'd like to step it up a notch and I'm starting to save some cash for my next quad.

My question is, what would be a good next level quad? A step up from a whoop, but not full scale. Maybe something that can do at least 2-3s batteries. Of course I'd want it to be compatible with my Tx and goggles. Is there something at around 250gr's? Doesn't have to be for indoors.

I looked on GetFPV and Banggood but I'm not sure what to look for.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

Reactions: Wayno52
Just picked up a baby hawk pro r, Frsky bnf which seems to get reasonable reviews. 2-3S which will be the goods for flying around my place. Looked at the Diatone offerings but factoring in a Rx, batteries and props was an extra $70 AUD. See how the kookaburras and magpies deal with it.B1CBFABA-EABC-4FB3-9C74-DFFA638C4B71.jpeg

Thanks guys. This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Right now I’m focused on flying so a bnf or minimal building is perfect.
Once I am better at flying I may get into building. I think I’ll enjoy that too but one thing at a time.
Crashed my Tinyhawk 3 times today so I have a way to go. ?

@tevek, Tom, you are going to LOVE that thing, it is a little screamer!!!
Cheers, about to board a flight to go home and I’m starting to salivate already. Have a couple of repairs to do on my some of my other victims first and then into it. I think I may have let a little bit of wee out thinking about flying until I fall over.

Nice looking machine and looks well made. seems to have good camera protection. I'm gonna check it out. I think they also make a toothpick which I'm also looking into.
Yes very well built with good parts.
I've been flying it more than my hawk 5 and prefer it.
Thinking about selling the hawk as new ?? regs are for over 250grms the cygnet is under

Thanks guys. This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Right now I’m focused on flying so a bnf or minimal building is perfect.
Once I am better at flying I may get into building. I think I’ll enjoy that too but one thing at a time.
Crashed my Tinyhawk 3 times today so I have a way to go. ?
More stick time!
Try the FPV AIR 2 simulator. It will make a big difference in a short period of time. Doesn't mean you won't crash.................... they'll just be more exciting.

Reactions: Roadking

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas