Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

On the way, where do I start?

Hey A.O.,

Congratulations on the new machine coming today!

Have you checked out State Farm for their personal property insurance? I pay $60/year and it covers full replacements, even if lost, no questions asked. I stopped using DJI Refresh a ways back because State Farm's policy is so good. And it covers a boatload of other personal property that you can add to the list.

And like TheTechnoBear said, watch out for motion sickness. I've flown FPV airplanes and even Mavic w/Epson BT300 glasses and never experienced it. But the DJI FPV drone is a different beast. To counter, selectively look at distant objects in the image and also try to sit and not move your head. And also as he said, it goes away after the brain gets used to it.

Great machine. Wicked fun. Definitely a whole new game. Happy flying!

Reactions: NG Wildman and A.O.
So I sold my MA2 yesterday and wasted ZERO time ordering one of these things! Supposed to be here Saturday.

So going from the Mavic world to these, where do I start? I've never flown FPV/Goggles so do I put the goggles on right away or watch what I'm doing a little to start? Looking forward to the simulator as well to learn the manual mode stuff. I figure I wont try manual for a while till I learn some of how to do it.
Anything else I need to be aware of??

WOOT WOOT... Cant wait!
You know what? Just have fun with it. Really, don't worry about anything else. Get your self miles from anyone, legally you should have a spotter with you, and just have a blast with it. And do it as much as you can and or like. At least for the time being I have no plans for going into manual mode. I got it for the fast, smooth cinematic capabilities. And oh "my buddha" can it do that. In sports mode you can be at 100 km/h, or just below. Take your time and fly at 3 meters from the ground and it will blow your mind. You can chase almost anything or run from it.
But this is why I love this little beast. You can get low and fast, take your time, practice over and over. Without noticing it you will become a great pilot. Just treat it as fun and before you know it, you will be good at it :)
I can not remember at time I have been so thrilled.

Hey A.O.,

Congratulations on the new machine coming today!

Have you checked out State Farm for their personal property insurance? I pay $60/year and it covers full replacements, even if lost, no questions asked. I stopped using DJI Refresh a ways back because State Farm's policy is so good. And it covers a boatload of other personal property that you can add to the list.

And like TheTechnoBear said, watch out for motion sickness. I've flown FPV airplanes and even Mavic w/Epson BT300 glasses and never experienced it. But the DJI FPV drone is a different beast. To counter, selectively look at distant objects in the image and also try to sit and not move your head. And also as he said, it goes away after the brain gets used to it.

Great machine. Wicked fun. Definitely a whole new game. Happy flying!
I have heard this about State farm, can I get just that property ins with out car or homeowners ins from them? I'll have to look around some today and see what I can find. Can I just do it on line or do I need to talk with someone?

You know what? Just have fun with it. Really, don't worry about anything else. Get your self miles from anyone, legally you should have a spotter with you, and just have a blast with it. And do it as much as you can and or like. At least for the time being I have no plans for going into manual mode. I got it for the fast, smooth cinematic capabilities. And oh "my buddha" can it do that. In sports mode you can be at 100 km/h, or just below. Take your time and fly at 3 meters from the ground and it will blow your mind. You can chase almost anything or run from it.
But this is why I love this little beast. You can get low and fast, take your time, practice over and over. Without noticing it you will become a great pilot. Just treat it as fun and before you know it, you will be good at it :)
I can not remember at time I have been so thrilled.
I'm normally flying alone so I wont have a spotter most of the time, but, I , so far anyway, only fly on and over my own property, I have 100 acres here. And so yes, I am kinda miles from anyone. I have no plans to go to manual mode either, not for a while at least, need to learn to fly this thing in "easy" mode first!
And I like flying close to the ground and through the trees which is one of the reasons I did this.

I have heard this about State farm, can I get just that property ins with out car or homeowners ins from them? I'll have to look around some today and see what I can find. Can I just do it on line or do I need to talk with someone?
Yes, you can get it as a stand-alone policy. Call your local State Farm guy. Also, there are a lot of posts on the web about pilots using SF as an alternative to DJI Refresh. Lots!

Reactions: A.O.
Yes, you can get it as a stand-alone policy. Call your local State Farm guy. Also, there are a lot of posts on the web about pilots using SF as an alternative to DJI Refresh. Lots!
I just called the local agent, she had to check on some things and is going to call me back. ??

So, $75 a year for the $1300 drone.
That premium should cover more than just your drone, but still, great price vs. Refresh.

Reactions: NG Wildman and A.O.
Be careful. As tight as the shell fits, paint in the wrong place may be a problem!

And they gave me an extra cover in green... Whats wrong with ORANGE?? ?
Be really careful you dont flip over on the ground, there is a reason why I made those Crash Suits for the FPV.
By the way you will be so glad you sold your Air 2 as the new Air 2S is coming out in April and with a 1 inch sensor and top sensors so everyone is going to be selling there Air 2 . You did good.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Protect your FPV and fly in the Rain. FPV Crash Suits.

Last edited:
Be really careful you dont flip over on the ground, there is a reason why I made those Crash Suits for the FPV.
By the way you will be so glad you sold your Air 2 as the new Air 2S is coming out in April and with a 1 inch sensor and top sensors so everyone is going to be selling there Air 2 . You did good.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Protect your FPV and fly in the Rain. FPV Crash Suits.
Do you have those "crash suits" ready to go?

I looked on your site, what all does it cover and how hard are they to come off?

Black
Blue
Red
WTH...

Do you have those "crash suits" ready to go?

I looked on your site, what all does it cover and how hard are they to come off?

Black
Blue
Red
WTH...
lol I should have an Nice Orange in a few days. lol
Shipping starts on Monday, If you want to get one , I will send you the Orange.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Protect your FPV and fly in the Rain.

Last edited:
lol I should have an Nice Orange in a few days. lol
Shipping starts on Monday, If you want to get one , I will send you the Orange.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Protect your FPV and fly in the Rain.
Still trying to get all my parts together on this thing and see how much $$ I have left.
Is it a crash suit or also a wet suit? Body and arms or just body?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax