Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

OSD Issues, only some information displaying!

Jawnyb

Reaction score
Hey! So I just got my third quad and this time it was a bind & Fly, Iflight cidora 4s
Everything works great, except I’m having some OSF info issues

So the OSD is all present and displaying, the armed/disarmed is working fine, and my flight timer is working fine
But, my RSSI, Battery Voltage, Amperage, are all displaying 0, respectively.
Battery voltage was working when I first flew it but has now gone to 0.00v
I honestly have no clue what’s going on so any help would be amazing

Just a little more information, I haven’t updated the FC at all, it is still on an update from last year, just as I don’t want to have to go through all the settings again(a little lazy I know) if you think this could be the problem, I’ll go and update it straight off

thanks in advance guys!

Have you checked that all those settings for your OSD are ticked in Betaflight on the OSD tab?
I use a Taranis QX7S and when setting up my gear I have to page over to the ‘discover new devices’ or similar (no where near my gear at the moment) to pick up your RSSI etc. Check out Joshua Bardwell or Project Blue Falcon for a video on setting these up.

Reactions: Jawnyb
Have you checked that all those settings for your OSD are ticked in Betaflight on the OSD tab?
I use a Taranis QX7S and when setting up my gear I have to page over to the ‘discover new devices’ or similar (no where near my gear at the moment) to pick up your RSSI etc. Check out Joshua Bardwell or Project Blue Falcon for a video on setting these up.

hey! Thanks for the reply
So yes, I have turned them all on in the OSD tab, they are actually showing up in the goggles, but just displaying 0, for example 0.00v, 0Amps, 0.00mah

but my arm/disarm are showing, Throttle position is showing, just rssi, the amperage, voltage have 0 instead of their actual values..

Maybe have a look at this video from Painless to see if your receiver is picking them up for your OSD

Okay, So checking on my reciever, under the sensors, It turns out my Receiver isnt getting anything for RxBt, Current, ETC. showing exactly what my OSD shows.
Also, I am using Crossfire, Is it possible its a connection on my nano that isnt good?

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
Okay, So checking on my reciever, under the sensors, It turns out my Receiver isnt getting anything for RxBt, Current, ETC. showing exactly what my OSD shows.
Also, I am using Crossfire, Is it possible its a connection on my nano that isnt good?
Hmm, I’ve only used frsky xm+, r-xsr etc but if you are seeing full control on your quad either in Betaflight or when flying, it will be something simple.
If you’ve got time, look up the pin outs/connections for your nano receiver to your flight controller on your quad to see if you have everything connected.
I’ll tag @HighTechPauper to see if he is able to have a quick look.
Guarantee the answer is amongst the crew here!

Reactions: Jawnyb
The wiring for Vbat on the FC probably is not wired from the factory that assembled the quad is probably why you're not seeing the battery voltage in the OSD. Also. The RSSI wiring from your receiver is probably not wired to your FC as well, probably why you're not seeing RSSI value in the OSD.

Reactions: Jawnyb and tevek
Hmm, I’ve only used frsky xm+, r-xsr etc but if you are seeing full control on your quad either in Betaflight or when flying, it will be something simple.
If you’ve got time, look up the pin outs/connections for your nano receiver to your flight controller on your quad to see if you have everything connected.
I’ll tag @HighTechPauper to see if he is able to have a quick look.
Guarantee the answer is amongst the crew here!

this is the 3rd receiver I’ve wired in, and the others have worked perfectly, just not this one. I’ll double check the wiring again once I get home from work, butI’m 99% sure I’ve wired it all correctly, as with the other two I have done

would it be worth maybe swapping over the rx & & tx to a different uart available, and see if that helps at all?

The wiring for Vbat on the FC probably is not wired from the factory that assembled the quad is probably why you're not seeing the battery voltage in the OSD. Also. The RSSI wiring from your receiver is probably not wired to your FC as well, probably why you're not seeing RSSI value in the OSD.
What do you mean by not wiring vbat to the FC? I thought the FC would be able to pick up the battery voltage as it is getting power to it?

as for the RSSI, I’m using a crossfire nano, I’ve wired in two others on different quads and they work perfectly, I may try a different uart, which’ll also check the solder points at the same time

The OSD can only show the readings that the FC is aware of, if you look in Betaflight Configurator I am guessing all those values are not being read by the FC so the OSD will have zeroes for that info.

The OSD can only show the readings that the FC is aware of, if you look in Betaflight Configurator I am guessing all those values are not being read by the FC so the OSD will have zeroes for that info.
You are correct, I plugged into betaflight, and im not getting those values... So where am i going wrong...

Okay, So an update, Things have gone from okay to bad...
I decided it was time to try and erase then reflash Betaflight.
I dumped all my data, reflashed it, now im having more problems.

I apparently dont have a GYRO now, I have only one PORT, still no battery voltage, and only 3 beeps on startup with battery plugged in.

I have tested the FC and i am getting VBAT to the FC and 5v is working ok, My VTX and Reciever still power up

OKAY GUYS SO!

I managed to update my FC with a different firmware, and now everything works!, But when im throwing in my OLD config file, Somewhere along the line, it stuffs up.
But im on the right track, and will update what i find, thankyou all so much for your help, pointed me in the right direction

If the Betaflight rev is not the exact same as what the dump file came from you will get errors because syntax changes on some commands and other commands are phased out. A lot depends on the FC you are running on what readings are available to the FC and therefore shown in the OSD. Did the readings you are missing work at one time and now they don't?

You probably flash the FC with the wrong firmware. There are different types of the Succex F7 TwinG boards. Did you use BetaFlight to flash your firmware automatically (while online) or did you download it to your computer and do it manually (local)?

Wait. Throwing in your old config file might get you back to square one where no Battery & RSSI readings are in OSD. Glad to hear you got the firmware sorted out though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax