Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Problem with connecting FC to Betaflight

Saloniko

Reaction score
Hello, I'm kind of lost and I will try my shot here maybe one of you can help me.
I looked everywhere on the internet and I haven't seen a single solution to my problem.
This is the first time I'm building a drone.
I have SP Racing F3 FC, I was connecting it for the first time to the computer because I wanted to fly my drone for the first time.. but I have some problem that I cant understand.
I can't connect to Betaflight I'm getting the problem:
**2019-02-13 @ 19:54:00 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 1

2019-02-13 @ 19:54:10 -- No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed
2019-02-13 @ 19:54:10 -- Serial port successfully closed**
Also no matter what I do I can't flash it, I'm always getting the problem:
"No response from the bootloader, programming: FAILED"
I have tried all of the options (No reboot sequence, Full chip erase and also tried all of the options at Manual Buad rate ) also I tried all of the different kind of SPRACINGF3 boards
I manually entered the Device Manager and tried to updated the Driver to: CP210x, CP2102, USB Serial device and NON of them worked for me..(I have downloaded and installed the CP210x Drivers)
Also I have no red light blinking on the FC, it has only solid blue light that doesn't turn off and doesn't blink. whenever I connect the FC to the battery or to the usb cable I get only constant blue light on it doesn't matter if I connect it on boot mode or not.
I have tried using Flash Loader Demonstrator and I got the problem:
"No response from the target, the Boot loader can not be started.
Please, verify the boot mode configuration and the flash protection status,
Reset your device then try again..."
I have also tried using ImpulseRC Driver Fixer and it just cant find my Flight Controller
I've tried to reset my computer / update windows / reinstall beta flight / tried both on google chrome and downloaded betaflight to the computer as well.
Please I'm new at this and I'm kind of lost.. I have tried to solve it for about 8 hours and nothing worked.
Any one got an Idea what can I do? is the FC broken and I need to buy a new one?
the only thing it shows on Betaflight/Cleanflight is "COM5" next to the Connect buttom.
and also I think it is important that the red light doesn't work only the blue light is showing up no matter what I do..
Thank you for your help

This works every time for me.

With Betaflight open and plugged in to connected to your computer, download and run the IRC Driver Fixer.

You'll get a message after a few seconds "drivers fixed". Now click on the "connect" button in Betaflight and open the CLI tab. Type BL and hit enter. Your flight controller will now reboot and if you look in the top-right corner where it showed your COM port (mine is always COM 4) it'll now show DFU. You are now ready to flash your new firmware.

Sometimes a problem that Ive had was with the usb cord. Try a different usb cable.

Thanks for the help,
The IRC Driver Fixer can't find my Flight Controller, it just keep searching but never finds it..
I did installed the first 2 drivers, also tried to reinstall them and nothing worked..
I did tried a different USB but still doesn't work, the computer can find it at the Device Manager but for some reason the blue light is constantly on and I cant connect it to the Betaflight/Cleanflight

I had that problem also until i found out that not all USB cables have a data cable in it. I went through 3 cables with no success until i used my 4th cable and it connected. I spent 5+ hrs trying to figure it out. I searched and searched until i found a small comment where was told to make sure the cable have a data line in it not just power.

Thanks for the help,
The IRC Driver Fixer can't find my Flight Controller, it just keep searching but never finds it..
I did installed the first 2 drivers, also tried to reinstall them and nothing worked..
I did tried a different USB but still doesn't work, the computer can find it at the Device Manager but for some reason the blue light is constantly on and I cant connect it to the Betaflight/Cleanflight
Were you able to solve this problem? even I am facing the exact same problem as you did.

Same problem. I have booted into bootloader mode and updated manually a built firmware from source code successfully withouy errors. But the issue is still present. My board connects to BetaFlight Configuration and instantly disconnects. I barey catch what appears, something related with the receiver that is not working (but it is obvious because I have nothing connected to the board). So maybe the board is expecting the receiver and when it don't found one it got in some failsafe mode.
I can read on the logs as last text "Arming Disabled".

Updated: WTF?? now is working. I just did nothing but connect it recently to test for read the logs.

But, ok, maybe the manual firmware download helped.

I am going to watch right now if I found something that can make that behaviour.
As a last resort I configured a serial port as "configuration" so I can use a USB to TTL adapter and skip the USB port of the FC.
It is not working, it is doing the same as before open and close the serial port. I will try with the usb TTL adapter.
The same using another serial port. It appears that intentionally the FC send a close command to the Configurator. It appears that the software is doing that intentionally but I don't understand why or how.

I will try to make it work searching in the sourcecode...

My fail!!! My fail at all!! it is because I had opened Ultimaker Cura and I forgot that it just make trouble with ALL serial devices like Arduino and a Flight Controller is not an exception. Ultimaker Cura was the guilty on my case.

It is now working. :-/

My fail!!! My fail at all!! it is because I had opened Ultimaker Cura and I forgot that it just make trouble with ALL serial devices like Arduino and a Flight Controller is not an exception. Ultimaker Cura was the guilty on my case.

It is now working. :-/
can you please explain the fix?? i have the exact same problem and i have and use cura all the time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax