Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Problems with nazgul5 after crash.

Noah souder

Reaction score
So I bought a nazgul5 with the 03 air unit as my first drone to get decent grasp on flying fpv. I was showing a friend of mine and I lost balance while in the goggles and almost fell over, losing control of my drone and landing it in a tree which fell out and landed flat. Wasn’t a short drop🫠. Nothing external was broken but now my goggles and remote won’t pair to the 03 air unit. The green light doesn’t come on when plugging in the battery but when I plugged it into my laptop the green light came on but I couldn’t pull up firmware updates. It registered that I was connecting my air unit but wouldn’t load the firmware. Just wondering if there was anything I could do in my shop to fix it. I am quite experienced with boards and troubleshooting but thought I’d ask in the forums first before tinkering. I’d rather not send it to DJI either. If I need to send it to them I’d rather just buy a new unit.

Open her up check the plastic connector to the o3 hasn't fallen out could be the voltage wire not connected via the plug . Make sure you are using the dji consumer app on your laptop not the fpv app in order to see the firmware list

Open her up check the plastic connector to the o3 hasn't fallen out could be the voltage wire not connected via the plug . Make sure you are using the dji consumer app on your laptop not the fpv app in order to see the firmware list
Check both ends of the o3 cable

Also if that doesnt work connect the o3 to 9v by making a custom cable and see if your goggles connect. Might be your flight controller

connect it via what power source? Single 9v battery?
Any dc power source really, just check the max voltage the o3 takes, don't overload it and use what you have, a 4s battery would probably do just fine, i use a desktop dc power supply and runnit at 9 or 12v, the o3 doesn't need to be in a drone to connect to your goggles you can test it independently

Another tip, you can slide the + and - out from the cable plug if you lift the tiny plastic tabs with a utility knife, then you can twist some wire to the bare metal ends to attach to your test power source

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18