Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Quad Freaking out randomly

Cheb2703

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I recently build a 5inch quad and have been having issues every sense. First, the quad would go crazy and freak out when landing or bumping something. I talked to you guys and figured out that air mode could be the problem and turning that off when taking off and landing seemed to solve the problem. A couple of flights later I tried some flips and rolls and whenever I did them the quad would freak out again. My antenna was lose and I saw where a prop had hit it so I fixed that problem and thought that should have solved it. Today I flew it again and whenever I gave the quad a throttle punch the quad would go crazy and freak out. I am starting to think that the ESC board or FC is defected.

What do you guys think?

Also, how can I upload some of my DVR and GoPro footage so you can see the quad freak out?
-The files are mp4 files and the attach file option wont allow it.

Hi Cheb, uploading a vid may help.
You will need to upload it to yt and make it public. Then copy a link on here under photos and videos on a new post.

It could be one or a couple of
things, did you buy it new? Rtf or bnf?

Reactions: Jtrjr
There is a number of things this could be, desync on the motors, bad FC gyro, bad or borderline ESC or motor, or even the tune on the quad. It is when you go to give it throttle that it happens. What rev of BF are you running?

I can give it light throttle and it isn’t fine, it is when I give it throttle punches or try to do rolls and flips. I am running BF 4.1.3

Okay, I will look into that when I get home. Just a thought, what’s the reasoning behind going to Ann older software? Because BF 4 is suppose to be the best with new features?

Reactions: rtkDarling
Newer BF with all it’s fancy features can actually cause issues with many builds, so older BF is simpler and less prone to such issues. You may find it does the same thing on 3.5.7, at which time you will know it has nothing to do with the BF rev, but you won’t know until you try.

Newer BF with all it’s fancy features can actually cause issues with many builds, so older BF is simpler and less prone to such issues. You may find it does the same thing on 3.5.7, at which time you will know it has nothing to do with the BF rev, but you won’t know until you try.

I can not seem to find a download for 3.5.7 Where can I find the file to flash it to my FC?

You will find it in the Firmware Flasher drop down menus in the Betaflight Configurator. You may want to watch a few videos first if you have never flashed an FC before, you may still run into questions or issues, and don’t do anything until you get a cli dump file saved. If this is all gibberish to you, you’re better off letting one of us help you through the first time.

You will find it in the Firmware Flasher drop down menus in the Betaflight Configurator. You may want to watch a few videos first if you have never flashed an FC before, you may still run into questions or issues, and don’t do anything until you get a cli dump file saved. If this is all gibberish to you, you’re better off letting one of us help you through the first time.
I have flashed the FC once when I first built the drone. I followed one of Joshua Bardwell's video. I believe I will be able to do it. I thought that is where you find the release but in the drop down the only release versions that it goes down to is 4.1.0
Annotation 2020-02-16 182913.png

Yeah, I didn't realize that even for Legacy, this is a new board that obviously has unique mapping done, so I would suggest putting 4.1.4 on it and leave as much as possible at default with just enough config to arm it etc. I might even try the latest Development builds to see if they are any better. This could have unexpected things happen, so please start with props off until you know the basics are configured and tested, I'd hate to see the thing go to full throttle as soon as the battery is plugged in, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility so be careful. I think in the long run you will still need to prop up and see if it will fly to be certain how things are working.

I would also google and watch a few of these vids on the subject, it could be a de-sync issue or something that one of these helps you narrow down and possibly fix.

1581897810598.png

Yeah, I didn't realize that even for Legacy, this is a new board that obviously has unique mapping done, so I would suggest putting 4.1.4 on it and leave as much as possible at default with just enough config to arm it etc. I might even try the latest Development builds to see if they are any better. This could have unexpected things happen, so please start with props off until you know the basics are configured and tested, I'd hate to see the thing go to full throttle as soon as the battery is plugged in, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility so be careful. I think in the long run you will still need to prop up and see if it will fly to be certain how things are working.

I was able to find a file of 3.5.7 from the help of a friend and it still did solve the problem of the onboard flight chip not being detected. Something is wrong with this fc. I do not know if it software or hardware or if it is just broken even though it is brand new.

I will look at those video, but I need to solve this BlackBox issue

I would also google and watch a few of these vids on the subject, it could be a de-sync issue or something that one of these helps you narrow down and possibly fix.

View attachment 3917
Solved the BlackBox issue and now I have a log of my flight today where it flipped out as soon as I gave it a throttle punch it flipped out. Seems like motors 2&4 followed my throttle input but motors 1&3 did not follow. Ideas?

Sorry, that must be the wrong file, I see only 337/1000ths of a second long file and absolutely no data, no stick movements, and no craft movement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput