Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

QUESTIONS RELATED TO FPV FREESTYLE DEONE FLYING

Aziz_Sharif

Reaction score
Hello,

QUESTIONS RELATED TO FPV FREESTYLE DEONE FLYING.

Sir I’m into RC hobby from many years now I am flying 700 size Helis,100cc Planes & DJI phantoms and inspire1 type of drones previously but never try to fly these fpv freestyle drones. Now I want to get into this. Please I need your advise & help.

My main Purpose to get into this fpv drone freestyle to learn freestyle flying and to Shoot videos from gopro for my personal use only as I am just a hobbies and fly for my own peace of mind.

Lets Begin the questions :

what equipment do I need to build complete Long Range Fpv Freestyle Quard ?

where should I take start from & which Simulator should I use to learn Acro Mode Flying ?

what is the best and reliable equipment in the market in October 2018 ?
for e.g Motors, Frames fpv goggles, esc, Video Transmiter, Antenas, OSD, etc…

who are the best online sources to get equipment from ?

As I live in Pakistan so I have to order Online. Also just wanted to know should I build my own Quard or should I buy a RTF, BNF or PNP type of Drones which are selling online these days.

Last but not least I am using Futaba 14SG Radio with my other planes and heli can I use my same Radio or do you recommend some other radio.

Thank you will wait for your prompt reply.
Regards
Aziz

Welcome Aziz, obviously the best way to get into this is to build your own so when you crash (and you will, lots) you know how to fix / rebuild.
Having said that I have never built and still struggle with basic repairs so I'm not the best person on here for build advice, actually I'm probably the worst.
Having said all of that if you are after a great quality long range drone (rtf) then this would be perfect (IMHO).

Team BlackSheep Online Store - TBS Oblivion RTF Set

what's your budget?
FPV Google's - Fatshark dominator V3 is fine.
Do you want to build or buy? with all those big toys you list, I have to assume you have all the need tools.
building/maintanece is as fun to me as flying.
I don't use simulators but I did trying to learn 3d heli flying with one. eventually you've got to do it in real life and its rarely similar. but to each thier own.. just fly it. sounds like LOS flying isnt a problem either for you so testing after the initial build should be cake.
Have you considered a 2" or whoop drone to get a feel for fpv? the new tiny hawk is very capable of taking you through learning fpv.
welcome to FPV sir... your gonna love it!

Hello Futuramille,

Thanks for your reply & help. As I am doing my research I had few more questions. Hope you & people here can answer & will guide me. My budge is around approx $1000 If any help can save my hard earned money I will appreciate that help & Suggestion.

1. Its better to build one first or should I get one RTF or BNF ? Like TBS or Eachin 220X type. Whats the preference of most flyers who are entering this hobby ?

2. Will it help me to capture Videos from GOPro session camera as I only want to fly Freestyle Fpv style and wanted to capture my personal videos & fun flying ?

3. I already have Futaba 14SG radio do I need Frsky X9D Plus for more convenience in Fpv drone flying & what are my futaba radio limitations as I have to use TBS Crossfire TX with my fpv build for long Range. As I want to fly my Quard Around 2 to 3 mile away not always ?

4. As I wear optical Glasses is there any solution for optical Glass for FatShark HDO Goggles ?

5. For Freestyle fpv purpose which motors & Props should I choose ?

6. I was planning to buy Xrotor Micro combo F4 G2 FC 45A- 4-in-1 ESC just wanted to know that should I purchase individual ESC or 4-in-1 is fine ?

7. Kindly view my cart in the attached pictures which I am planning to buy let me know that the equipment I’m planning to buy are compatible with each other or should I need to make any changes.Flying purpose is only FPV Freestyle & capturing Videos for my personal use only with different flying angles like pros fly. Not interested in Racing ?

af15e901-f94c-4165-b591-3cf7da41e1a4.jpgd9badd3e-78fa-4452-af7b-7a2d74469066.jpg38012d3c-3196-4fcd-9f93-67729a33f14b.jpg47e3f885-af28-4d63-87ef-e20077ec6a4d.jpgaf15e901-f94c-4165-b591-3cf7da41e1a4.jpgd9badd3e-78fa-4452-af7b-7a2d74469066.jpg

If I may... I've only been at this for about a year, and the hurdle that I had to deal with was getting used to the goggles. It feels like you're driving through a pinhole at first, and if you're not already confident in your build, it's a whole lot of variables at once.

My breakthrough was breaking down and buying a "Whoop" style micro. That allowed me to learn acro without destroying my quad. Once you get the hang of an indoor micro in acro, a 5" outdoors feels like freedom, then it's all downhill.

I follow Joshua Bardwell on youtube, here's his buying guide He's independent and budget conscious.

I fly a 6" Hyperlight Flosstyle and I can't recommend it enough. (A 5" is easier to tune though)
You can get your radio cheaper than the one you picked out
I use EV800D goggles (cheapest worth using)

Best whoops on the market are the Mobula 7 and the Tinyhawk. I got a Tinyhawk and wish I got a Mobula :)
(They're both under heavy demand and may be on back order) Any brushless 1s though should suit your needs. (snapper7)

Check out RotorBuilds - FPV Drone Part Lists, Build Logs, Photos and Discussions. You can browse for hours, most of the builds have direct links to buying the parts.

Just my opinion, build the best when you do build. It's not much more expensive to buy quality parts.
I also really like the guys over at Piroflip, they helped me get in the air, and I like to support them.
This is my recommended build.

Hyperlight Flosstyle 5" ($50)
PyroDrone HyperLite 2207-1722 HV Edition ($22)
Pyrodrone F4OSD-Typhoon V1.2 Stack Combo ($60)
AKK fx3 ($20)
FRsky R-XSR ($20)
Runcam Micro Eagle (expensive but worth every penny IMO) ($45)

Those are close guesses at prices, but I think you're still under $300 Goggles and controller another $300 or so. It's a 6s rated build that you can fly happily at 4s. Upgrade to 5s when you want some PUNCH, and then tune it to 6s if you want to do longer range. The Flosstyle body will also take 6" arms, so if you decide to go 6" you don't need a whole new frame.

Wanna learn more about quads then you ever wanted to know? Check out Kabab FPV on youtube. Spend an evening, binge a little. He designed my frame and I love the way he flies

Here's one of my latest. It starts in DVR which was a mistake in hindsight, but most of it is in HD. Awesome crashes, all set to music

My favorite crash from that video:
freegifmaker.me_2dwTM.gif

Attachments

• freegifmaker.me_2dwTM.gif
    freegifmaker.me_2dwTM.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I'm certainly not going to complain about that list of goodies.
I'm sure someone here flies a chameleon.
1. build is better if your capable. if you have time Id build but... BNF is awesome too. I have a new BNF Sköll coming in the mail today in fact. Ive built and simply don't have time, plus a custom flynoshop build is always awesome. It depends on time and capability.
2. the chameleon will carry a gopro no problem. what HD camera did you have in mind?
3. I use the turanis x9d mostly because of the small size of the available recievers. I was a JR guy for years but went to turanis as soon as I got a quad. your futaba will work though Im sure.
4. Fatshark has place in the goggles for diopters. if your near sighted, you can get these ready made. if your far sighted you can get custom diopter inserts made. Im horribly far sighted but fly without
5. prop choice can be tricky. on a 5", 5045 is a great place to start.
6.the 4 in 1 is the esc so nothing additional needed. that's your power source for the motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax