Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Recommendation for RC with Vista Nebula Nano

rktman

Reaction score
Got the DJI FPV, and been having a blast. Figured this would make it cheap to get a tiny whoop with a Vista unit, got the iFlight Alpha A85.

Video is great through the goggles, but can't control it with the Controller v2 until DJI supports the Vista with a firmware update for the v2. So...

I believe I can bind an analog controller to the Vista, right? If so, any recommendations for something cheap to get me by? I really want to fly it, but don't want to invest too much when the v2 controller is likely to support it in the near future.

You cannot bind any other transmitter to the vista or air unit only the one made by DJI and it's 300 bucks. In order for you to get that quad to bind to some other transmitter you will need to solder in a separate receiver, like one that uses frsky, crossfire, and then get a transmitter that supports the protocol. So if you can afford the $$$ just get the DJI transmitter, easiest solution.

I'm not shy about adding a receiver to the stack and raising the shroud with some plastic washers. Recommendations for the cheapest but still worth considering TX/RX solution? I have an old FRSS Futaba in the garage that I flew helis with, wonder if there's a RX for that that would fit?

TIA, gang!

I'm not shy about adding a receiver to the stack and raising the shroud with some plastic washers. Recommendations for the cheapest but still worth considering TX/RX solution? I have an old FRSS Futaba in the garage that I flew helis with, wonder if there's a RX for that that would fit?

TIA, gang!
If you into gampad size.

I have been using this one, only difference is this one runs Open tx and mine runs deviation. I would stick with open tx much more widely supported.

But if you really want to go cheap you can get this one but then your limited to FRSKY protocol.

Thanks again for the great suggestions! I went with the Jumper T-lite, seemed like a good budget solution, but not too cheap. Also similar to the DJI controller v2 in form factor, so that makes it "feel" similar to my other FPV controller :) Supports 4 protocols internally:

A7105: Flysky, Hubsan, AFHDS2A etc
CC2500: Frsky,Futaba SFHSS,Hitec,Radiolink,Esky,Corona etc
CYRF6936: DSM / DSMX, Walkera Devo, Wfly, etc
NRF24L01: HISKY, Syma, ASSAN, etc

I bailed on the Crossfire Nano and canceled the receiver order when I learned I'd have to purchase a separate transmitter to add to the RC for another $69 (nearly the cost of the T-lite).

So, with those possibilities, can anyone recommend a receiver to go with the T-lite built-in protocols? Something I can get from Amazon over night? This is start to take too long... I need to get that tiny whoop in the air!

Again, thanks much -- very much!

Reactions: Madhungarian
Bought one. I'll be in the sky by Wednesday at the latest, both receiver and TX are scheduled to be delivered by EOD Tues.

I feel like a kid a few days before Christmas...

Reactions: mrmund

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax