Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

REMOTE ID IS HERE! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH YOUR OLD DRONE IN 2022?

Virtually everything short of murder is ignored by police now, I doubt they'll bother drone pilots flying without ID. Pretty hard to enforce anyway.

Reactions: Tomk_ and Slozukimc
Remote Id went into effect last April 2021. They are giving manufacturers 24 months ( April 2023 ) to incorporate Remote Id in their drones and 36 months ( 2024) for the drone public to comply. I think it will only affect drones with 1. GPS and 2. Drones with Geo fencing.......I think. and if you are caught flying a drone that does not have geo fencing or GPS. This is all so Amazon can have drone deliveries. So what will happen to FPV drones that use radio signals and no gps. That is why I am here trying to find my way to 2024. I have a DJI Spark that i am totally addicted to flying. I came from an era when in High School we did not have computers , calculators...i had a slide rule. I remember the day I was taking analog electronics and our instructor came in and told us about a company called Intel and they make something called a microprocessor. So I have seen it all , it's truly amazing and i do not want to lose flying my drone....ever. Even if i have to go to a non GPS drone. i dont think the remote id is software from what i heard it will be cellular.
...and BTW I live in a non fly zone, i bought the Spark thinking I could fly it in my house in my yard, take pictures of my neighborhood...WRONG. I have to drive almost 10 miles to just fly my drone. I buy broken DJI Sparks and repair them, so to test them its a 20 mile round trip. I can't imagine what i would have said if someone told me back in the 70's ..or even 10 years ago I would have a remote controlled flying color camera that takes 720p movies, goes 30mph and it cost under $400.00
I had a slide rule in high school too. A couple of them, actually. I had a large yellow Pickett circular slide rule, and also a shirt pocket size circular slide rule. I've still got it somewhere.

When I went to Caltech in 1972, my roommate had one of the spiffy new HP scientific calculators, but my family wasn't rich enough for that.

The good old days!

:cool:

TCS

I am going to continue to buy and fly older drones just like I have been doing until they figure out a way to ground them all.

Mike

Reactions: AngryPepper
I've taken this a step further with my latest iPad purchase (an NOS 12.9" Gen 3 running iOS 13.2.2) by not installing ANY DJI software on it.
mobdro

Last edited:
Reactions: AngryPepper
FAA Remote ID Final Ruling for Drones Explained

IF the faa has its way our current drones will not be allowed to fly in middle or late 2022.
what are you going to do with your old drone when you are not allowed to fly it anymore?
or to add a REMOTE ID device to it makes it not worth it or expensive or cumbersome to fly.
i have a dji fpv drone that i doubt will fly well with a box attached to it.
As of now I have over a dozen drones with no remote this or that which would restrict me from flying where I want to. And that’s the way they are staying, regardless……..🤨

I am going to continue to buy and fly older drones just like I have been doing until they figure out a way to ground them all.

Mike
I totally agree, and I’m confident that there will be a hack for anything the FAA try’s to ground us with.

Reactions: Slozukimc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax