Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Shorter Power Cable

Or just shorten the one you have.
I can’t find the picture, but @Kilrah has already done this.

I'm looking to stow my goggle battery in my headband, and am looking for a shorter power cable. Is it some kind of standard USB-C to DC power cable?

I've found ones like this, but they go to some older(?) version of the goggles with a different battery system.

T Plug/XT60 to DC Right-Angle Power Supply Cable Lipo Battery Charger Cable Adapter for DJI FPV Goggles Video Glasses
I'm looking for same, I hate to cut up the stock cable just in case.
I 3D printed a battery case to attach to headband and its works well.

It's anything but standard, the battery won't even turn on without the special cable plugged in (since its output isn't actually USB-C compliant and could damage something that is if plugged to it), so it's unlikely you'll find any substitute.

Best to just cut, it's only 2 wires (the special sauce is in the "USB-C" connector, no extra comms after that) to rejoin. If you buy a spare goggles battery you get a cable with it, might make you more comfortable.

Of course you can use any other power supply but the stock battery has the advantage of reporting charge level through some creative trickery.

It's anything but standard, the battery won't even turn on without the special cable plugged in (since its output isn't actually USB-C compliant and could damage something that is if plugged to it), so it's unlikely you'll find any substitute.

Best to just cut, it's only 2 wires (the special sauce is in the "USB-C" connector, no extra comms after that) to rejoin. If you buy a spare goggles battery you get a cable with it, might make you more comfortable.

Of course you can use any other power supply but the stock battery has the advantage of reporting charge level through some creative trickery.
I'll look into that once I can get a spare.

Related question, I guess... anything stopping me from using one of the older cables and a non-DJI LIPO battery?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Notubesmaster