Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

So much fun!

JoeMcKeen

Reaction score
I have had this quad for a week and it’s so fun to fly. My Mavic 2 is an amazing piece of technology and takes high quality photos. But this…this will add another dimension to my videos and it’s a huge thrill to fly manually in fpv. Many years ago I wanted to get into fpv. I had my own builds with no goggles and taught myself to fly in manual…a little. Between building, crashing, and having to repair, the learning curve for flying was quite slow. Especially when your life is so busy. So I started flying a Mavic. And I love mine. When I started their was no DJI FPV or simulators. Between the simulators and the panic button my learning curve is much higher. I flew in ATTI mode in manual for the first time yesterday and was extremely nervous. Until I realized that I could actually do it! I stayed nice and high so I would not hit anything. Being able to start and land in normal is a huge bonus for a beginner. With all the safety measures in place it is a great way to learn manual flight. This quad may speak to a limited audience but I feel is totally made for me.

Exact the same experience here. Also a Mavic 2 Pro for the nice and stable video shots. De FPV is for fun, but first time in full manual mode it was scary.

At the evenings I practice with DJI Virtual Flight to get more and more experienced without fear of crashing!

Reactions: JoeMcKeen
I have been flying fpv manual mode as a hobbyist for a little over a year and a half. It is so much fun!! I have wrecked 2 times and used DJI refresh both times. The first time I wrecked I was just learning to fly manual mode and lost track of the horizon. My camera was pointing up to the sky, so I thought I was hovering. But I was actually falling out of the sky.
The 2nd time I crashed I was trying to do a fancy trick I saw on YouTube. Both times I crashed I was pretty devastated. I enjoy flying fpv manual, but it’s not as relaxing as flying my Mavic Mini.

Glad I got to read this. I have a Mavic 2 as well. Was trying to decided on the FPV or the Avata and I think you guys convinced me. And I agree the trick is to be nice and high so you have time to recoup from a disaster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas