Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Starting to get a little more daring.................

Danny Z

Reaction score
I started to try and fly a little closer to the "quad grabbers" today, I also tried to do a power loop of a small tree, it was exciting to say the least, I still have not bought a Go-Pro, sorry for the DVR footage !!!!

Enjoy......

Disregard the mid-throttle ossolations, I have been working on them for over a week, it's a challenge to say the least, but nothing that I can't fly through !!!

Danny Z

Nice, Danny! Good job on the loops. I haven't tried one on a tree yet but I've been studying. What I've seen and read (not what I've done) is you're supposed to try to keep the edge of the tree in the edge of your field of view. So a tiny bit of the tree should always be in the frame for reference throughout the loop. I'm still scared of tree's! Thanks for posting the video!

Jerry

Danny,

Put your photos and videos under the "Photo and Video" section in the forum. I used to put mine here too until I realized (or someone told me) there was a section specifically for doing so. I just don't want to miss any in the general section.

Jerry

Jerry,
Thanks for the tip on the video !

I have major pucker factor when doing the power loops under the trees, I don't have enough confidence yet to keep the tree in view, maybe next week !!!!!!!!!

Danny ,
Really good flying! Smooth clean....good throttle control.
I am going to have to check the forum for instructions on how to edit and upload video to the forum....it just seems to me that it should be far easier than it is.

Well done Sir!!!
Keith

Me to Keith,
One of the other things I need to do, is get a go pro mounted on my machines, then I need to learn how to edit and upload properly.

Flying wise, I have been playing a LOT with my rates and expo (rc curve in KISS)

At the same time. I also have been playing with the notch filters in KISS, I seem to be making headway, albeit at a slow pace.

I ordered a data logger for my fc, but rmrc does not have the cables in stock to connect the data logger to the fc, I am going to try and source them locally.

I have been dealing with a pita mid throttle ossolation in one of my machines since a very easy crash 2 weeks ago.

Trying to set the notch filters blind, has proven to be a challenge, but I think I'm slowly getting there.

I've already swapped out the motors and props, I was thinking of ordering a set of the emax rs2205 2300kv, just to see if it makes any differences.........

Danny Z

Hi Danny,
I have know idea what you are changing or what you are talking about.... pics and filters and data loggers. I am glad that you fly, and I am glad that you are working it out...for me i need to learn to fly the bird and do with it what I want.

As always
Peace and progress
Keith

Hi Danny,
I have know idea what you are changing or what you are talking about.... pics and filters and data loggers. I am glad that you fly, and I am glad that you are working it out...for me i need to learn to fly the bird and do with it what I want.

As always
Peace and progress
Keith
I

I hear you Keith,
When I first put the goggles on and tried to hover, it was like, "No way will I be able to do this ! "

It all seems so impossible at first, doesn't it ?

If I can be of any help, please feel free to pm me !

I fly KISS FC, I have only played with Beta flight for my tiny whoop, but if I can help, I certainly will !

Thanks Danny,
I am selling my analogue birds and switching to connex...
I have 3 for sale none of them are more than 1 month old.
All need receiver.

AS ALWAYS ,PEACE
Keith

Keith,

I'm sure you've already seen this review by Rotor Riot:

A true HD solution is definitely the future of FPV but are we there yet? it's also interesting that most of the reviews of this system are 6 months to a year old. There are very few more recent reviews. Personally, although I've looked at these systems and I'd love to go HD im holding off until there is more investment and competition into HD solutions.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Jerry

Thanks Jerry,
I have seen the review...those guys prefer lousy sight. I have great vision, and the best part of flying is the never SEEN before perspective. I have come to know that if you cant see where your going ...your going to arrive to soon! LOL

Keith

Keith,

Well, good luck! I am excited to see how it goes. Remember, when digital goes it pixilates, freezes and goes black, when analog starts to go, you get disruptions, snow and scrambles. Digital also takes longer to reconnect. I'll take the latter for now!

Jerry

You are asking an awful lot from your batteries already, but hd fpv will probably have to wait for lighter batteries, at least on race quads.

Hey guys,
I sent my ARMATTAN back to builder ...they found that there was only 1 camera that made the interference go away...
HS1177. So i swapped it out (arrow v3) and sure enough problem gone. So i am in a quandary...
The birds built with transmitter and HD camera and 1.4 lens
Are about $550 each. Plus motors. I will decide in a few days.

Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irelandmine