Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Taranis QX7s EU LBT D16 Enable D8 mode (solved)

ruaidhri

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I have a Taranis QX7s EU LBT that only does D16. I am getting a lot (2 - 4 per battery) rx loss and whoop falling out of the sky on my tinyhawk 2.
From my understanding this may be because I'm bound in D16 and if I could bind in D8 I would have a better connection? Is that right?
So I am looking for any suggestions for an external RF module that I can slot into the external RF bay and connect to the done in D8.
Thanks
Rory

@Kilrah set me right with the following
"It has both, the D8 choice is just hidden out of the factory. Flash latest OpenTX without checking the "eu" option and you'll have it."
I backed up the radio files, unticked the EU option and installed the new version of OpenTX. then back to betaflight and changed to receiver to Flsky_D and then was able to bind in D8 perfectly and no rxloss issues.

Attachments

• RXLoss.jpg
    RXLoss.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
If it's a normal QX7S and not the ACCESS version you can do D8.

It has both, the D8 choice is just hidden out of the factory. Flash latest OpenTX without checking the "eu" option and you'll have it.

Reactions: ruaidhri and mrmund
It has both, the D8 choice is just hidden out of the factory. Flash latest OpenTX without checking the "eu" option and you'll have it.
Thanks a million. this worked and I was able to bind in D8, took it for a few flights this morning and no random rxloss and drops out of the sky. thanks so much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput