Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Taranis x9plus with frsky x-xsr binding issues

titan0505

Reaction score
Hey I am new to the drone scene but this is my second race drone. I have the Iflight nazgul5 v2 with the x-xsr reciever with the 2019 frsky taranis x9plus. I have tried putting the drone into FPORT and sbus on betaflight with no luck. I tried every different way possible to bind to the controller. If someone could give me a hand or give me some pointers on what I need to setup in betaflight would be awesome. I would like to understand what I need to setup on the controller too so when I do get another drone or build one I know where/what and why i need to hook up and connect things to certain ports.

Whether it is F.Port or SBUS will depend on what it is flashed with (and how the RX is wired to the FC) since there is a different firmware for each of those for the RX. There are a number of things that need to be checked and configured to make it work so I don't think I can list them all here, but it is best to start with the basics and go from there.

There is a good chance that the TX internal transmitter module (called the Internal XJT Module) is flashed for Rev 2 firmware and the R-XSR is flashed for Rev 1 firmware, they are not compatible. The easiest option (and best option IMHO) is to flash the internal XJT with the last rev of version 1 firmware and try to bind again.

The quad should likely be set for SBUS and the TX should be set to whatever D16 mode is called in the latest firmware (I think it is XJT-D16 maybe?)

I will try to help you through this but there isn't enough info to tell what may be happening. The first big clues will be what the LED's are doing on the RX, they usually tell you what may be happening. IF you have a Red it usually means the firmware revs are not compatible, and if you don't have a Blue LED then the RX is in PPM mode instead of SBUS mode.

Hey thank you for responding back so quickly! I have the most recent firmware ISRM RF 2.1 and R-xsr 2.1 downloaded onto the TX. So I should reflash the internal module back to version 1.1.3. If I do that then I need to plug my drone into betaflight and change my mode from F.Port to S.Bus and save and reboot. After that should i put my controller into Access mode or Accst d16 mode and bind my drone that way?

Sorry if my terms are a little off, I am trying my best at getting caught up to speed. Also I can send screen shoots of what firmware I have on TX if that will give you a better idea of what I have going on.

There is no way to tell what version of firmware is on the internal XJT module in the TX or what rev is in the RX (don’t be confused by the OpenTX version in the TX, it has nothing to do with what is on the internal transmitter board), so the only way to be sure is to flash both the internal XJT and RX with whatever like rev you want and try it. The issues that existed when rev 2 came out may be solved now but I don’t know, but I think a few people have had luck with rev 2, so maybe just flash the RX and give the bind another try. To be certain on which setting to pick in BF look to see if the SBUS pad goes to the FC’s RX pad or if the Smart Port pad does, but I would bet that it is setup for SBus since I have never seen a prebuilt that was wired for F.Port or had the RX flashed with the F.Port firmware. Yes, ACCST D16 is the correct setting for the internal RF module. There are 2 pieces to making this all work, on one side is the bind between the TX and RX, on the other side is the communication and configuration between the RX and the FC, and while they are totally separate and have nothing to do with each other they will both need to be done before you can arm the quad to fly. First try to get the RX and TX’s internal XJT module flashed and bound, then you can set the BF up and look for the Receiver tab to react to the sticks and switches. You may want to watch portions of the Joshua Bardwell build or Betaflight series to get an idea of what to expect since you need to learn more about this stuff. If you need help flashing the internal XJT module look for the Oscar Liang article on it. Let me know if you have questions or issues.

Reactions: Keifie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax