Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Testing GPS rescue does not work.

Ekaterina

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to use a GPS feature with Beitian BN-220. So far, OSD shows proper GPS counts, longitude latitude, and direction without arm. Also it shows correctly during flight.

When I turn on AUX channel, GPD rescue mode, Drone is immediately falling down to ground, and OSD only shows the last Stats, and shows no GPS rescue, fail safe FS!, at all.

My drone condition are

- Drone got 12-15 GPS normally.
- OSD shows letters "GPS rescue" while waiting for finding GPSs before starting flight. It means AUX switch is working.
- So I think GPS rescue switch is working but somehow the drone turns off motors, instead of activating GPS rescue mode.
- when activating GPS rescue, Drone was 15-25m away from take-off point.

I guess I am still missing some settings in betaFlight. If anyone notices my missing, please let me know, thank you!!.

1668864469356.png

1668864163738.png

1668864259831.png

Last edited:
Is there a Hover throttle setting, somewhere, it's been a while since I have looked at Betaflight

It is there under gps rescue check box, mine says exactly the same as yours, but that could just be a generic setting, can you tell where yours is on your transmitter screen when your drone is just hovering in one place?

>> where yours is on your transmitter screen
Where? I am not sure about your question, but my OSD shows GPS location is sync with drone motion, and the mode shows horizontal or Air mode and shows other standard datas too.. And as soon as turning on GPS rescue, OSD switches to show only statistics info, no FS!, no error info at all.

Actually do we have a min distance parameter somewhere to activate GPU rescue?
For instance, GPU rescue won't work if the distance from home is less than 50m due to the min distance setting?!

Where? I am not sure about your question
Means looking at your radio's channel monitor where throttle is when hovering. Then look at betaflight RC page what the number is when the stick is at that position, and set that as "Throttle hover" in the RTH settings.

In my case, throttle should be 1200-1280 for hovering. How important is this parameter?

Pretty important for gps rescue to work but seems not to be your problem. I just reread your question and have a vague memory that Joshua Bardwell has done a video on this very problem on his youtube channel, sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

No problem. Thanks for your effort, MMightywren!

I found another article about command line;
# get gps_rescue_min_dth
gps_rescue_min_dth = 50
Allowed range: 50 - 1000
Default value: 100
this secret command may work. I will take a test flight.

Good luck, I think the video was about activating the gps rescue before the min_dth but there are alot of videos about setting up gps rescue, hopefully you have checked them out,
Have fun!!!

MMightywren
I just came back from the test, and it caused by min distance and that command worked! Now I feel secure more to fly a drone! Thanks for your consideration !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232