Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

This is how good Gyroflow is!

John Gowland

Reaction score
Gyroflow is very easy to use. Why use it? The Avata is the most fun drone I have ever flown by a very long way. I am not the only one, so many agree. The worst aspect to the footage is that it can be very unstable. Sometimes you want this, it adds drama to the footage. But when you want your footage to be absolutely stable Gyroflow is the only way to go. The only settings I changed from the default was to check the Lock Horizon box. You can get Gyroflow free from https://gyroflow.xyz/ Note you must disable Horizon and Rocksteady in the Avata settings. When Gyroflow has processed your file it will make a duplicate of the original with the word "stabilized" in the file name. So very easy, and so effective. They deserve a donation.

Reactions: Barbara
Gyroflow is very easy to use. Why use it? The Avata is the most fun drone I have ever flown by a very long way. I am not the only one, so many agree. The worst aspect to the footage is that it can be very unstable. Sometimes you want this, it adds drama to the footage. But when you want your footage to be absolutely stable Gyroflow is the only way to go. The only settings I changed from the default was to check the Lock Horizon box. You can get Gyroflow free from https://gyroflow.xyz/ Note you must disable Horizon and Rocksteady in the Avata settings. When Gyroflow has processed your file it will make a duplicate of the original with the word "stabilized" in the file name. So very easy, and so effective. They deserve a donation.
Ive dabbled with Gyroflow, and it is indeed easy to use. One feature I like is that you can keyframe the processing. This allows you to take a contiguous clip and process part(s) of it to have dramatic, swooping footage (as in RockSteady) and then switch to a locked horizon (as in HorizonSteady) for a more cinematic look.

Reactions: John Gowland
Another important point is that by using GF you can make multiple "takes", some with horizon steady, some less steady and if you want, a version with no steady. Editing them together can provide variations on a theme. Creating the steady versions is time consuming and it's important to note that GF can batch your videos so if you know you want a horizon steady version you can add a dozen videos you shot and let GF go to town. It can take a while. It should be noted that Avata's built in horizon steady is really pretty good. If you know you want smooth steady footage I'd just stick with that but if you want some options and might like to see some FPV style footage with the world tilting at times, GF is a great way to go. Shame that it only works on unstabilized Avata footage as far as know (in terms of current DJI consumer drones).

Reactions: Barbara

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax