Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Tips for filming a skier

Marko92

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I have tried filming my friend when skiing. And I am a beginner or close to beginner but filming in manual fpv mode.

I end up either being too slow when following. And when increasing speed the drone climbs and yes I should tilt it forward but then the video looks a bit weird (no more skies).

Do you set the camera angle for that type of situation? I would have imagined the camera should be tilting up so that, when the drone is tilting, I still have the horizon level.

Is that how I should be doing ?

You'd want to indeed set angle appropriately so you get the view you want at the average speed they're going and try to be smooth on the inputs to not deviate too much from that so that you have some smooth lines... and probably also go a bit harder about it for some more dynamic shots. The whole interest in shooting things in manual FPV is precisely to be able to be a bit more creative than a somewhat boring "just straight and level all the time". Circle around, climb up and dive, pass by etc with flight trajectories.

If you want level horizon you can set stabilization to horizonsteady, but that's only for roll, not tilt. If you also want tilt stabilization you have to use the normal/sport modes.

Last edited:
Thks. Put some angle and tracking was better
But I need to be more creative

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya