Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Flight Simulator for DJI FPV Controller 2

pedz

Reaction score
Website
why-not-photography.smugmug.com
I want to learn how to fly in manual mode. People suggested doing it via a Flight Simulator. So here are my strike outs so far:

1. The DJI Virtual Flight works only with the FPV Goggles V2 -- I guess. I have the Goggle 2 (the ones that were originally bundled with the Avata). So, it never connects.
2. Someone suggested Liftoff which is a Steam based app. I might be using the app incorrectly but hooking my controller to my Mac never connects. I have an M1 Max MacBook Pro with Ventura.
3. Someone also suggested VelociDrone but giving my batting average, I thought I'd stop and ask here for more detailed advice.

I just tried flying it by very slowly increasing the throttle and the drone slides off sideways on my cardboard landing platform I have. With my controller, two pushes of the start button will start the props about 5% of the time. And I don't know how to stop the props if / when I need to.

I went back to normal mode on this new FPV Controller 2 and flew the drone around a bit. There was one weird hiccup in the process but it generally seemed to be working. By this point, my batteries were drained so I came in and I'm doing more research on how best to do this.

I've noticed FPV YouTubes with a new drone, they fly it line of sight first (without the goggles). So, I was going to try that but never could get the propellers to start with my controller.

I also re-linked the controller, drone, and goggles but I haven't tested anything again yet.

Don't take off or land in manual when first learning. Learn this LAST.

Take off in Normal, get some altitude (200ft), switch to manual then try and do some simple turns, figure eights, etc. while staying at altitude as much as you can.

But first: Get to know the Brake button in N/S mode. get to know it well. Practice it. It's the greatest feature on the Avata, and will save your butt when you get disoriented in Manual.

Not if, when.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Don't take off or land in manual when first learning. Learn this LAST.

Take off in Normal, get some altitude (200ft), switch to manual then try and do some simple turns, figure eights, etc. while staying at altitude as much as you can.

But first: Get to know the Brake button in N/S mode. get to know it well. Practice it. It's the greatest feature on the Avata, and will save your butt when you get disoriented in Manual.

Not if, when.
Awesome. I was wondering if that was possible. When I first started playing with manual mode, something was goofy and it would not even start or stop the props consistently.

I will play with it more, figure out the Brake and all the other suggestions you gave.

Thanks!

1. The DJI Virtual Flight works only with the FPV Goggles V2 -- I guess. I have the Goggle 2 (the ones that were originally bundled with the Avata). So, it never connects.
The Goggles 2 do work with virtual flight, you just have to put them in the appropriate mode in the menu,

The Goggles 2 do work with virtual flight, you just have to put them in the appropriate mode in the menu,
Hmm... I need to go back and check. I assume you are talking about the menu you find in the goggles that allows you to fly the drone in manual mode.

Another question just occurred to me: I'm using iOS / iPhone. I hooked up the iPhone to the goggles. Should it be connected to the controller instead?

Hmm... I need to go back and check. I assume you are talking about the menu you find in the goggles that allows you to fly the drone in manual mode.

Another question just occurred to me: I'm using iOS / iPhone. I hooked up the iPhone to the goggles. Should it be connected to the controller instead?
Got it. WTFM!!!! Geese.

Thank you!

I have an Air 2s and am going to purchase a DJI FPV controller 2 for simulator practice. I don't really want to fly manual fpv in the sim right now, I just want to practice flying. Can I use Normal or Sport mode in the sims? or is it strictly manual FPV flying?
Thanks so much

Jmc, yes. The op. Always remember to put your throttle all the way down before you double click to start in manual. If it's even slightly up, motors won't start

.. And stop the props by double clicking again, in manual.
Thanks. That's just for manual mode right? I'm having a problem starting the props. I see a lot of other people are also. Restarting ,un-plugging and plugging in multiple times. Are you having problems getting the sim. to work? doesn't look like there has been an update lately.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fducloux