Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

troubleshoot first build tyro89

Primoz_Horvath

Reaction score
Hi!
While building my first quad, I messed up and made a short. Now, while plugging in the battery, I get the first 3 tones, and not the second 2. After the short, the led lights of the vtx weren't blinking anymore. In BF, when connected to the 3S battery, it only sees 1 cell (I checked with several batteries). Now, I would like to troubleshoot the pieces one by one and see which one I can throw, use again or repair. Which steps do I take? I hope you can help me. I'm already several months in the hobby but I finally got some material to play with☺.
Have a nice day!

Hello @Primoz_Horvath, welcome to the forum.
It is not so easy to say what could be wrong, there are many possibilities, there is no troubleshooting guides for our gear, repair is almost impossible, and would cost more than buying a new board. I can tell you that if you do not get the second 2 tones that the FC is not talking to the ESC, and with it reading only 1s on a 3s battery says the FC is likely damaged.

Reactions: Primoz_Horvath
Ok, thank you. I thought repairing stuff was part of the hobby. I need something to do while waiting for the new ship to arrive. I checked the vtx on another quad, the leds are working . I suppose you are right about the fc. I'll buy another tyro89 and I'll replace the fc. The other part of the new tyro can be used for other projects.
have a nice day!

Repairing is part of the hobby, you will crash/break/fix your quad many times, but there are no schematics for the boards themselves to troubleshoot with or to know what the part is, and even if you figure out what the part is, it can be hard to get (minimum quantities can be 100's or 1000's when all you want is 1)and even harder to solder depending what it is. Sometimes it is something you can fix, but usually not.

I solved the problem. Last week, the same tyro89 arrived. It turned out that the silicon cable which connects fl with esc was damaged. Now I have a lot of spare parts!:cool:

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax