Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Weird motor behavior. Bad esc?

ovanwincoop

Reaction score
Hello

I'm quite new to FPV in general, and don't know a whole ton, so bear with me with this post.

I bought a Nazgul Evoque F5 a few months ago. Everything was great, until I crashed it, of course. One of the motors showed absolutely no sign of life so I replaced the motor. Turns out it was not the motor that failed, but the ESC.

Got a new esc, installed it, and everything was looking good. The motors spun (albeit in the wrong directions), and everything was working fine. That was until I tried reversing the motor direction in beta flight and forgot to take the props off. This caused a motor to spin up to 100% throttle and start smoking. Good thing it was spinning in the wrong direction!

Lesson learned with that one.

I tried replacing the motor again, but after no luck, I purchased another ESC.

Now back to present. I just installed the new ESC board, but two of the motors would twitch when I throttled up. When the throttle gets up to about 15%, one of the motors starts spinning properly, but the other one continues to twitch, until I get to about 30% throttle, then it spins up. When I get to around 70% throttle that same motor goes back to twitching.

Both motors get extremely hot even when they're not on.

I tried replacing the motor on one of them but no dice. Did the same thing.
Any ideas as to how this happened? Could I have short circuited the esc while repairing it?

Here's the VIDEO to see what I'm talking about. (click video.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas